EMT Certification in Connecticut
By passing the cognitive and psychomotor examination, conducted by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, an EMT professional can get certified at national, as well as state level. Only those applicants can apply for the certification, who have completed their EMT training through a state-approved college or institute. In Connecticut, the period of validity for NREMT certification is 2 years.
Requirements to Get EMT Certificate
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
- 18 years of age or more is a must for EMT candidate.
- The candidate should have completed an EMT training course from a state-approved training institute or college.
- EMT candidate must have passed the NREMT examination.
- The applicant should have completed a state-approved CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) training.
- An evidence of the legal presence of the candidate in the U.S is a must.
- The candidate should be mentally and physically fine.
- The candidate must be able to read and write proper English.
- He/she should have passed a background check in order to apply for EMT certificate.
Special requirements that must be fulfilled:
- An application, along with an applicable fee needs to be provided by the EMT candidate in Connecticut.
- A state-approved practical exam should also be passed by the candidate.
Process of EMT Certification in Connecticut
Step 1: Training
The first step is to get EMT training from a state-approved training center, which is certified by the Connecticut Department of Health.
Step 2: Practical Exam
As soon as the candidate completes the EMT training, he/she should pass a state-approved practical exam. You can contact the instructor for further information on the examination.
Step 3: Apply for National Certification
- The candidate should start by creating his/her account on the NREMT website by clicking on “Create New Account”.
- Now, the applicant needs to create a new application by clicking on “Create Initial Entry Application”.
- Next, the application fees must be paid by the applicant soon after he/she is done with the online application. However, it can also be paid later.
- The progress of the application should be checked by the applicant from time to time. You should also check the “Authorization to Test” (ATT) Letter by going to the homepage of the website. This can be done by logging into the website using the username and password, through which, you have created the account. Here, click on the option of “Check Initial Entry Application Status”.
- An icon saying “Submitted” will appear besides the option of “Course Completion Verification” on your account. It means that your details have been submitted by the website and is waiting for the approval of your course completion by the education program director.
- If “Not Submitted” appears besides the option of “Application Payment”, the applicant needs to pay the application fee before he/she receives the ATT Letter.
- If you have paid the fee on time and course completion process has been checked by the education program director, a link saying “Print ATT Letter” will appear.
- The applicant should print his/her ATT Letter. Your ATT Letter will guide you the way to set a date for your examination.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Important Note: The link saying “Print ATT Letter” will appear only after your course verification has been completed.
Step 4: Apply for Certification
The applicant must fill the top part of the Emergency Medical Service Certification Application form and submit it to the trainer. The trainer will complete the bottom or the rest part of the form and provide it to the Department of Public Health Office.
Renewal of EMT Certificate
The following documents are necessary to renew EMT certificate in Connecticut by all levels of EMT candidates:
- If the candidate is a paramedic, he/she must be working as an emergency medical technician in a medical facility.
- All EMT candidates in Connecticut should also complete a course of Continuing Education (CE), which will prove their cognitive skills.
EMR-Emergency Medical Responder
- The completed certification application should be submitted by the EMT professional before the certificate gets expired.
- EMR should complete a 12-hour refresher course in Connecticut.
- He/she should also pay a non-refundable fee of $12.00 while submitting the documents for recertification.
- The candidate must submit his/her application for recertification before March 31 of the year, in which, the expiration of the certificate is due.
- EMT-basic candidate must complete 72 hours of Continuing Education (CE), including 24 hours of a refresher course, as well as 48 hours of additional training.
- He/she must also pay a non-refundable amount of $15.00 as the application fee during the submission of the application.
- ‘Skill session verification’ is required to be produced by the candidate in order to recertify the EMT certificate in Connecticut. It should be duly signed by the Director of Operations and Training Program Director.
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification is important to be maintained by the candidate.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to finish a 36-hour refresher course, along with additional training of 36 hours.
- The candidate must pay a non-refundable amount of $15.00 while submitting the documents for the renewal of EMT certificate.
- Skill verification should be provided by the candidate, signed and authorized by Physician Medical Director.
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification is needed to be maintained by the candidate.
- The candidate must complete 48 hours of a refresher course, which should cover all the essential topics of EMS.
- Besides this, a 24-hour additional training is also required to be completed by the candidate.
- A non-refundable fee of $20.00 must be paid by the candidate while he/she is providing the documents.
- The candidate should maintain skills verification proof, signed by the Physician Medical Director
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification is also needed to be maintained by the candidate.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!