EMT Certification in Idaho
In order to attain Emergency Medical Technician certification in Idaho, candidates must complete the necessary NREMT examination after completing EMT training from a state-approved college. The certification remains valid only for 2 continuous years. After obtaining EMT certificate, candidates can also obtain the state license to provide emergency medical services in the state.
Requirements to Get EMT Certificate
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
- Eighteen years of age or more is a must.
- EMT training from a state-approved training school or college is mandatory to be completed by the candidate.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) training is also compulsory to be passed.
- Both parts of NREMT examination- psychomotor and cognitive should be passed by the applicant.
- The candidate must provide an evidence of his/her legal presence in the U.S.
- It is important for the candidate to be physically and mentally fit and healthy.
- English fluency is a must for the candidate, applying for EMT certification.
- The candidate must pass a background check successfully.
Special Requirements to Get EMT Certificate
- The application for the certification and the applicable fee must be paid by the candidate.
- A state-approved practical examination must be successfully cleared by the candidate.
Process of EMT Certification
Step 1: Get EMT Training
Take EMT training from a state-approved training school. There are four levels of EMT certification in Idaho: EMT Medical Responder, EMT and Advanced EMT (AEMT).
Step 2: Fill and Submit an Application for National Certification
- Create a new account on NREMT website. Click on the link “Create New Account”.
- Now, new application should be created by clicking on “Create Initial Entry Application”.
- The application fee must be paid after completing the online completion.
- The application status should be checked from time-to-time, and also check for the “Authorization to Test” (ATT) Letter whether it has been uploaded on your account or not. This can be done by logging in the account with username and password, through which, it was created.
- If the website has submitted the details, it will show “Submitted” besides “Course Completion Verification” indicating that the authorization of the course completion by the education program director is yet awaited.
- However, you may need to pay the application fee before getting the “ATT Letter”, if you see “Not Submitted” besides “Application Payment”.
- If the education program director has checked the process of course completion, then “Print ATT Letter” will appear.
- The printed ATT Letter will give you instructions to schedule the NREMT examination.
Important Note: You will receive ATT Letter only if the verification has been done by the education program director.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Step 3: Practical Examination
Candidates are also required to give a practical examination. But, it needs prior registration in order to ensure a seat in the examination. Some websites also charge an applicable fee for hosting the examination, which should be paid duly by the candidate.
Step 4: Background Check
The candidate needs to pass a criminal background check and provide it to the Department of Health and Welfare.
Step 5: Application for State Certification
You must take a print out and fill the Initial Provider Application form. Submit the applicable fee.
Renewal of EMT Certificate
The general eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by EMT candidates of Idaho are:
- The candidate must be working as an EMT in a health-care service, emergency medical service or even with a rescue team.
- The candidate is also required to prove his/her cognitive capability by appearing in an examination or Continuing Education (CE) course.
EMR-Emergency Medical Responder
- EMR candidate should submit the application for recertification before September 30 (of the year; your certification is going to expire).
- EMR candidate in Idaho must complete a refresher course of 12 hours.
- You are ought to pay a non-refundable application fee of $10 while submitting the recertification papers.
- The year, in which, the renewal of your certificate is due, you should submit the application for recertification prior to March 31.
- EMT-B candidate in Idaho must complete a 24-hour refresher course from a state-approved training program.
- 48 hours of additional training is also required to be completed by the candidate.
- He/she should pay $15 as the application fee for recertification. Remember that it is a non-refundable amount.
- You must get your verification skills approved by the Physician Medical Director or by the Training Program Director, and then, submit it.
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification should be maintained by the candidate.
- The certification application must be provided by the candidate before March 31 of that year when certificate expires.
- The candidate must complete a 36-hour refresher course through a state-approved program.
- 36 hours of added EMT training should also be completed by the candidate.
- A payment of $15, which is non-refundable, must be made by the candidate while he/she is submitting the recertification application.
- Skills verification proof must be submitted by the candidate. It should be signed and checked by the Physician Medical Director.
- The candidate should also maintain his/her CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) card.
- You must submit your certification renewal application by March 31 (of the year; your certification is due to renew).
- A 48-hour refresher course is compulsory to be finished by the candidate.
- Apart from this, the candidate must also complete training of 24 hours.
- A payment of $20 should be made by the candidate as the application fee, which is non-refundable.
- The candidate should submit skills verification proof, authorized by the Physician Medical Director.
- Also, CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) card must be submitted by the candidate.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!