EMT Certification in Iowa
In Iowa, national level EMT certification is not needed to get a state license. EMT professionals can get certification only after qualifying the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT). Emergency Medical Technician certification in Iowa remains applicable for two years.
Requirements to Get EMT Certificate
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
Following are the general requirements to be fulfilled by an EMT candidate of Iowa:
- The candidate in Iowa must be at least 18 years of age.
- EMT training from a state-approved training school should be taken by the candidate.
- Candidates must pass a state-approved CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) training.
- The aspirants should pass the necessary NREMT examination.
- They should submit a proof of their lawful presence in the U.S.
- The aspirant should be psychologically and physically strong.
- He/she should be good in English.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to go through a background check.
- An application to the state must be submitted by the candidate along with the necessary fee.
- Candidate should also clear a state-approved practical examination.
Process of EMT Certification
Step 1: Get EMT Training
EMT professionals in Iowa should first complete their EMT training from a state-approved training center.
Step 2: Application for National Certification
- Go to the NREMT website and create a new account by clicking on the link “Create New Account”.
- Now, click on the option of “Create Initial Entry Application” in order to create a new application.
- Now, finish the process of online application by paying the application fee. You can also choose to pay later.
- Monitor the process of your application by checking the “Authorization to Test” (ATT) Letter. Log in to the NREMT website with the username and password through which, you created your account earlier. Now, click on “Check Initial Entry Application Status”.
- If the site has provided your information and is waiting for the approval of the education program director, then “Submitted” will appear besides “Course Completion Verification”.
- You need to shell out the application fee before you get your ATT Letter, if the option of “Not Submitted” appears besides “Application Payment”.
- “Print ATT Letter” can be seen on the account after your application has been verified by the education program director and you have made the payment.
Important Note: If the verification is not completed, the link “Print ATT Letter” will not appear on the screen.
The instructions to decide a timetable of your NREMT examination will be described in your ATT Letter.
The NREMT practical examinations will be conducted by the state-approved training institutes in Iowa.
Step 3: Background Check
The background check of the candidate is mandatory in order to complete the certification process in Iowa.
Renewal of EMT Certificate
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
In order to apply for the recertification of different levels of EMT certificate in Iowa, the candidate must fulfil all these requirements.
The general requirements for all levels of recertification are:
- The applicant must be working as an Emergency Medical Technician at any health-care department or a rescue service.
Note- If you need certification for Inactive Status, and you are applying for certification for the first time, you need to submit a proof (documents) of your service at the medical care facility.
- You need to clear a cognitive exam through a Continuing Education (CE) course or examination.
EMR – Emergency Medical Responder
- You must provide your recertification application before September 30 of the year in which, your certification runs out.
- The applicant must complete a 12-hour refresher course of Continuing Education.
- A non-refundable fee of $10 should be paid by the applicant when he/she is submitting the necessary documents.
- The application for recertification must be submitted by the applicant prior to March 31 of the year your certificate is due to renew.
- The applicant must complete 72 hours of Continuing Education (CE) which includes an approved refresher course of 24 hours and 48 hours of additional education, related to Emergency Medical Services.
- A non-refundable fee of $15.00 must be submitted while providing the documents.
- The applicant should also provide a skill verification proof approved and signed by the Training Program Director and Director of Operations or Physician Medical Director.
- He/she should also maintain a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
AEMT (Advanced EMT)
- Submission of the certificate renewal application before March 31 is necessary.
- A refresher course of 36 hours of Continuing Education (CE) should be completed by the candidate.
- Additional 36 hours of continuing education are compulsory to be completed by the candidate.
- The candidate should pay a non-refundable fee of $15.00 while submitting the documents.
- He/she should provide skills verification signed by the Physician Medical Director.
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
- The candidate should complete a 48-hour refresher course.
- A 24-hour additional course of Continuing Education (CE) is also required to be completed by the candidate.
- The candidate is needed to pay a fee of $20.00 while submitting his/her documents of certification.
- A skill verification proof signed and approved by the Physician Medical Director is also needed.
- The candidate should also provide a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!