EMT Certification in Kentucky
EMT certification in Kentucky is obtained only after getting trained as an Emergency Medical Technician, and then passing an exam of National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT). NREMT is a non-profit institution, which conducts exams for the certification of EMT students, and hence, approves their skills if they are eligible.
Requirements to Get EMT Certificate
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
Following criteria are needed to be accomplished by the candidate in order to get EMT certificate in Kentucky:
- 18 years of age.
- The candidate must have completed a state-approved EMT training program.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification is mandatory.
- The candidate is required to pass NREMT exam, which is important for attaining national certification in Kentucky.
- He/she must provide a legal proof of his/her citizenship in the United States.
- The candidate must be healthy both psychologically and physically.
- The English proficiency of the candidate must be excellent.
- He/she must undergo a criminal background check.
- An application for certification with the necessary application fee must be paid by the candidate.
- A practical exam from state-approved training program must be cleared by the applicant.
- HIV/AIDS course, approved from CHFS, should be completed by the candidate.
- The aspirant is ought to owns a valid driving license.
- The candidate must have passed high school level or GED.
Process of EMT Certification
Step 1: Get EMT Training
Firstly, you need to take EMT training from a state-approved program in Kentucky.
Step 2: Apply by Submitting Application for National Certification
- Start by making your account on the NREMT website. Click on the option of “Create New Account”.
- Now, apply through creating a new application by clicking on “Create Initial Entry Application”.
- You need to pay your application fee after the online application is completed. But, you can also make the payment later.
- Keep a check on the status of your application and keep looking regularly for the “Authorization to Test” by logging into the NREMT website with the help of username and password. You need to click on “Check Initial Entry Application Status”.
- If your information has been submitted by the site, “Submitted” will get visible next to “Course Completion Verification” on your account. It signifies that the approval of your course completion by the education program director is yet pending.
- However, if “Not Submitted” appears at the side of “Application Payment”, it clearly indicates that you need to pay your application fee before getting your ATT Letter.
- If your course completion process has been successfully confirmed by the education program director and the payment has been made, the link “Print ATT Letter” will appear.
- Now, print your ATT Letter, as well as decide a date and time of your examination.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Important Note: If your verification has been done, then only you will see the link “Print ATT Letter” on your account. However, if the verification process is not done, it will not appear.
The ATT Letter will direct you on how to schedule your NREMT examination.
Step 3: Background Check
You need to go through a criminal background check through the following website https://client.verifiedcredentials.com/kbems/default.cfm.
It is important that time when you are submitting the application; your background check should be less than 6 months old.
Step 4: Apply for License
Applicants of Kentucky can apply for license online, as well as on paper. You should hold the following documents while applying:
- You need to fill the application form or create an account on the website “Kentucky Emergency Medical Services Information System (KEMSIS)”.
- You need to complete HIV/AIDS course, approved by CHFS.
- A both-sided copy of your CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) card.
- You should pass a high-school diploma.
- A valid driving license.
- A criminal background check, which is less than 6 months old.
- You should pass a practical exam.
- The applicant is requires to pay a fee of $40.00, which includes $10 application fee and $30 certification fee.
Renewal of EMT Certificate
Following requirements should be fulfilled by candidates at all levels of certification:
- The candidate, who wishes to get his/her EMT certificate renewed, must be engaged in a job with an emergency medical service or a rescue service.
- The candidate must prove his/her cognitive competency by giving an examination or doing a course of Continuing Education (CE).
- ‘Skills Verification Competency’ proof must be given by the candidate, which should be approved with the signature of the Physician Medical Director
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification is also important to be provided by the candidate.
EMR-Emergency Medical Responder
- The completely filled renewal application must be submitted by EMR candidate before the expiry date of the certification.
- He/she should also complete a state-approved 12-hour refresher course.
- A non-refundable application fee of $10 must be paid by the candidate in Kentucky.
- It is important for the applicant to provide the duly complete application for recertification by March 31.
- The candidate is required to complete a 24-hour refresher course from the state-approved program.
- A 48-hour added training of EMS is required.
- He/she must pay a non-refundable amount of $15 while submitting the important documents for renewing the certificate.
- AEMT candidate in Kentucky should submit the renewal application before March 31.
- State-approved 36-hour refresher course is mandatory along with additional training of 36 hours, which includes all important subjects of EMS.
- The candidate should make a non-refundable payment of $15 along with the submission of recertification papers.
- Paramedic candidate in Kentucky is required to provide the application of recertification before March 31.
- A 48-hour refresher course must be finished by the candidate.
- Besides this, extra training of 24 hours is needed to be taken.
- Along with the application for renewal, a non-refundable application fee of $20 should be submitted.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!