EMT Certification in Minnesota
EMT certification in Minnesota permits a candidate to provide emergency medical services to patients on the national level. EMT certification can be acquired by the candidate by appearing in the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) examination. NREMT is a non-profit body, which aims to certify all the EMT candidates of a state. The certification lasts for a period of two years.
Requirements to Get EMT Certificate
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
- 18 years of age or more is a must for every candidate in Minnesota.
- The applicant must complete Emergency Medical Technician training from a state-approved training school or college.
- The prospective candidate must pass NREMT examination.
- The candidate must have a valid CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
- The aspirants are required to provide a legal proof of their nationality of U.S.
- The candidate must be in good physical health. Strong mental fitness is equally important.
- It is imperative for the candidate to be dexterous in English language.
- A background check of the candidate is also needed.
Along with the above general requirements, there are some specific pre-requisites that need to be fulfilled for getting certificate.
- You should submit the application and the fee for certification.
- A state-approved practical examination must be passed by you.
Process of EMT Certification
Step 1: Get EMT Training
Firstly, you need to take up EMT training from an institute, which is acknowledged by the state.
Step 2: Application for National Certification
- For applying for national certification, you need to first create an account by clicking on the option of “Create New Account” on the NREMT website.
- After account creation, click on “Create Initial Entry Application” in order to apply for the exam.
- Now, pay the required application fee while completing the online application. Though, the fee can be paid later also, but, it is better if you pay before.
- When you are done with the process of online application, keep monitoring the progress of your application by regularly looking for your ‘Authorization to Test’ (ATT) Letter. Go to the website’s homepage and log in with your password and username, and then click on “Check Initial Entry Application Status”.
- If “Submitted” shows adjacent to “Course Completion Verification”, it indicates that your application details have been submitted by the website, and now, it is waiting for the approval of your course completion by the education program director.
- However, if “Not Submitted” appears alongside “Application Payment”, in that case, you need to pay the application fee before you obtain your ATT Letter.
- If your course completion process has been approved by the education program director, and you have paid the application fee, a link “Print ATT Letter” will appear.
- You need to print your ATT Letter, and set a schedule for the NREMT exam.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Important Note: If your verification is complete, only then “Print ATT Letter” will get display.
The instructions for setting the timetable for the NREMT exam through ‘Pearson VUE’ website will be provided in your ATT Letter.
The NREMT practical examination will always be conducted by the training programs, accredited by the state.
Step 3: Background Check
You are required to go through a criminal background screening in order to complete the process of online certification.
Step 4: License Application
You can apply online for a license in Minnesota. Go to the “Citizen Login Page” and create your new account. Complete the online application carefully.
The following links will help you to do online registration for certification in Minnesota:
Renewal of EMT Certificate
The obligatory requirements that must be completed by EMT professionals in order to recertify are:
- The candidate must be employed with an emergency medical service, local health facility or a rescue squad.
- The candidate must prove his cognitive skills by giving an examination or by completing Continuing Education (CE) training.
- Skills Verification proof must be submitted by the candidate. It should be signed and confirmed by the Training Program Director and Director of Operations/Physician Medical Director.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to obtain his/her current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certificate.
EMR-Emergency Medical Responder
- EMR candidates of Minnesota are required to submit their renewal application before the certification gets expired on September 30.
- The candidate should have completed a state-approved 12-hour refresher course.
- A non-refundable application fee of $10 must be paid by you.
- EMT-B candidates of Minnesota must provide their renewal application by March 31, of the year when your certification is due to renew.
- The candidate must complete a state-approved refresher course of 24 hours.
- Besides this, candidate is also required to complete an additional training of 48 hours.
- The applicant must make a payment of $15 (non-refundable).
- Submission of completed renewal application before March 31 (when certification expires) is compulsory.
- The candidate must finish a 36-hour refresher course, as well as an extra EMS training of 36 hours.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to pay a non-refundable application fee of $15 while submitting the paperwork, necessary for recertification.
- Paramedic candidates of Minnesota must take a 48-hour refresher course.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to submit his/her renewal application earlier than March 31.
- They should also complete an additional EMS training of 24 hours.
- Payment of a non-refundable amount of $20 must be done by the candidate.
Online Renewal of EMT Certificate
EMT-Paramedic candidates can also apply online for the renewal of their EMT certificates. The following link will open the application form for renewal of Paramedic candidates: Online Renewal of EMT Certificate After filling all the information, click on “Done”, provided on the top right corner of the form. As you will click on “Done”, it will ask you to choose an option that you would like to perform on your document. You can either save your document as a PDF file, print, email, fax, send to sign or share it.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!