EMT Certification in South Carolina
In South Carolina, the candidates require an EMT certificate and license to practice emergency medical skills in favour of public. All the prospective Emergency Medical Technicians are required to join state-accredited school to pursue EMT training coursework that will help them in polishing their pre-hospital or medical care skills. After the successful completion of the training curriculum, the applicants have to pass written and practical examinations organized by the National Registry of EMTs. On passing the examinations successfully, candidates are needed to submit an application form for obtaining the EMT certificate.
EMT Certification Requirements
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
Before applying for the EMT certification, the applicants have to fulfil some requirements maintained by the state.
- Most importantly, an aspirant has to successfully complete the EMT training from a recognized training school.
- The applicants should be of 18 years or above.
- The applicants must hold a high school diploma or General Education Development.
- It is necessary that all the applicants have an authenticated driving license.
- The candidates must be strong both mentally and physically.
- An EMT aspirant should have a CPR certificate.
- They are ought to posses ability to read and communicate in the English language.
- An applicant needs to deposit his/her fingerprints.
- Prospective EMTs must clear a drug test.
- They also need to qualify a background check successfully.
- An individual must have the ability to lift and balance 120 pounds.
- It is compulsory for all the candidates to undergo various vaccinations.
- An EMT aspirant must have to achieve affiliation from a state approved or licensed EMS agency.
- It is obligatory for all the prospective EMTs to qualify the NREMT examinations at appropriate levels.
- The applicants are obligated to pay application fees in the form of money order or cheque along with the application to the state.
- All the applicants have to qualify the practical examination approved by the state of South Carolina.
EMT Certification Procedure
South Carolina also maintains a unique process to provide an EMT certificate and license to the aspirants. Here is the step-by-step process to secure Emergency Medical Technician certification in this state:
The candidate, who wishes to get EMT certificate, but do not have SC number, has to get registered with the South Carolina Credentialing System. To know about the details of registration, click on the below given link:
2. Certified Training
When one gets registered under South Carolina Credentialing System, he/she is supposed to complete EMT training curriculum from a state-accredited college or university.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
3. Applying for the National Certification
When the candidates are done with certified training, they need to qualify the NREMT examinations. Here are some requirements, which a candidate needs to satisfy to get permission for taking the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician exam:
- An applicant must complete all the clinical requirements.
- It is essential for the applicants to hold a CPR license or card.
- The candidates have to meet all the eligibility requirements, which are required to be accepted into the course.
- All the prospective EMTs should satisfy the instructor’s criteria by qualifying the in-course practical skills examinations.
- An applicant has to maintain a complete profile in the Credentialing Information System.
Here are the steps involved in scheduling the NREMT test:
- Visit http://www.nremt.org/ to create your own account. This can be done by selecting the option “Create New Account” on the site.
- Now, hit on the option of “Create Initial Entry Application” for taking the examination.
- If a candidate wants, he/she can pay the application fees just after completing the process of online application.
- For checking the status of the application, you need to log into your account by inserting your id and password. The option of “Submitted” next to the “Course Completion Verification” hints that the information provided by you is forwarded to the program, but has not been yet authorized by the education program director. When “Not Submitted” option is visible next to the “Application Payment”, it means that candidates have to pay the application fees to get the ATT letter.
- On the completion of the entire formalities and submission of the fees, you will see “Print ATT Letter” on the site. Take out the print of the ATT letter and fix your examination.
4. Qualify a Criminal Background Check
Lastly, all the candidates need to undergo and pass a criminal background check, carried out by the state.
EMT Recertification Process
To recertify or renew an EMT certificate, the applicants in the state of South Carolina are mandated to follow a procedure. But, before that, they have to satisfy some essential recertification requirements, which are explained below:
- All the applicants are mandated to submit the recertification application prior to 31st March of the year when the license is supposed to expire.
- The information mentioned in the recertification application should be complete and correct.
- The applicants must be actively engaged in providing emergency services to the public health center, or EMS agency, or rescue centre, or fire-fighting agency.
- They must have a CPR card.
- The applicants need to show their competency by undergoing continuing education hours.
The continuing education hours and processing fees at each level are:
- EMT- Basics: The applicants are needed to complete 48 hours of continuing education, as well as 24 hours of EMT refresher course, approved by the state or the Continuing Education Co-ordinating Board. Applicants have to pay approximately $15.00.
- EMT- Intermediate: The prospective students have to undergo 36 hours refresher course, accredited by the state or the Co-ordinating Board of Continuing Education. The applicants also need to complete 36 hours of additional continuing education. The processing fee at this level is $15.00.
- EMT- Paramedic: Recertification at Paramedic level requires a candidate to successfully finish 48 hours of refresher course, and 24 hours of continuing education. Applicants need to pay around $20.00 for processing the request.
Note: The processing charges once paid are not refundable.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!