EMT Certification in West Virginia
Every individual has to follow a sequential process to secure an EMT certificate in West Virginia in order to practice the emergency services learnt during the training coursework. It is to be noted that West Virginia also follows the standards laid down by the National Registry of EMTs. You are expected to undergo a certified training and qualify the NREMT examinations.
Once the applicants have qualified the NREMT exam, they also need to pass the examinations conducted by the state to obtain the state licensure and certification.
Requirements for EMT Certification
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
For obtaining an EMT certificate, the applicants have to fulfil some essential requirements mandated by the state of West Virginia. These requirements are stated below:
- The applicant must own a legitimate driver’s license.
- An EMT aspirant must be aged 18 years or above.
- It is indispensable for the students to have a GED or high school diploma as the proof of minimum education.
- All the candidates have to necessarily complete the training coursework accredited by the state.
- For every candidate, it is must to maintain a CPR card.
- The students must possess the ability to communicate and read the English language.
- Every applicant must be capable of carrying up to 120 pounds, whenever required.
- It is necessary for the prospective EMTs to present lawful evidence regarding their citizenship.
- They need to deposit their fingerprint. Also, they are required to pass a background check and a drug test.
- All the students have to undergo various inoculations.
- The candidates are expected to be affiliated from a license holding emergency medical agency.
- The application fees must be paid with the application form to the state.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to pass the state-approved practical examinations.
- Before applying for the certification, the candidates need to qualify appropriate courses.
EMT Certification Process
To secure an EMT certificate, the state of West Virginia has maintained a sequential procedure for the applicants. The applicants need to undergo the below given process:
1. Accredited Training Curriculum
The initial step in the certification process involves a certified training program. All the students have to complete the training program at any of the four levels- First Responder, EMT- B, EMT- I, and Paramedic. Remember, the school or institute from which you are going to undertake your training should be accredited by the state.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
2. Applying for the National Certification
The NREMT is responsible for providing the national certificate to the applicants. For this, the applicants are ought to follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the NREMT and click on “Create New Account” for creating your account.
- For the sake of applying and appearing in the test, choose the option- “Create Initial Entry Application”
- It is suggested to all the aspirants to shell out their fees as soon as the online application procedure gets over. If you wish, you can also pay your fees later on.
- Keep an eye on your application’s status by visiting your account and choosing the option- “Check Initial Entry Application Status”.
- The option of “Submitted” adjacent to “Course Completion Verification” indicates that your information has reached to the program, which you have indicated in the form. But, still it is waiting for the verification from the director of the concerned education program.
- The option of “Not Submitted” next to “Application Payment” signifies that you will receive the ATT letter only after paying your fees.
- The option- “Print ATT Letter” will be observed if the payment of the fees has been made, as well as your application has been verified.
- For scheduling the test, print out your ATT letter and follow the directions given on it.
3. Qualify the Background Check
After appearing for the exams, the applicants are required to qualify a background check.
4. License Application
Every candidate is supposed to provide correct information, which is to be maintained by the CIS or Credentialing Information System. The applicants can open the new CIS account and get a new WV number by following these steps:
- First of all, go through the CIS Public Access Site and select “West Virginia” state.
- Hit the option of “Enter Public CIS”.
- Select profile from the left-hand navigation bar and click on “Register to Use CIS”.
- With this, West Virginia personnel profile will get created.
- Fill the correct information.
- Now, applicants will receive WV number. Safely note down the number and password.
EMT Recertification Process
The state of West Virginia provides the prospective EMTs an option to renew or recertify their certificate and license, if expired. Before entering into the recertification process, they have to satisfy the below mentioned pre-requisites:
- The applicants are obliged to provide complete and correct information in the application form.
- Every applicant has to be necessarily associated with any EMS agency, public health care center, or rescue center.
- The applicants need to show their capability by undergoing the continuing education hours.
Continuing Education Hours (at appropriate levels)
- First Responder: The applicants need to undergo 16 hours of continuing education if they want to recertify their license at the first level. The applicants have to pay $10.00 as the processing fees.
- EMT- Basic: At the EMT-B level, the applicants are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education. At this stage, the applicants need to pay $15.00 for processing the request.
- EMT- Intermediate: An individual, who wants to recertify his/her license at EMT-I level, does not require to go through continuing education hours. But, applicants have to maintain the certificate provided by the National Registry. Individuals have to spend $15.00 for processing their request.
- Paramedic: Recertification at paramedic level obliges a candidate to finish 48 hours of continuing education. The candidates need to pay $20 as the processing charges.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!