EMT Certification in Wisconsin
If an applicant desires to offer emergency medical services to the people residing in the state of Wisconsin, then he/she needs to hold a valid EMT certificate of this state. The state of Wisconsin considers the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as the basis for offering the EMT certificate.
Every applicant has to necessarily put great efforts to secure the EMT certificate and license. The students have to prepare themselves to qualify the examinations by undergoing a state-recognized EMT training curriculum. Before appearing for the exam, an applicant has to go through the amended National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) coursework for Paramedic, EMT-I, and FR (First Responder).
Criteria for EMT Certification
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
The Wisconsin State has pre-set criteria for those students, who want to obtain EMT certificate. The applicants have to fulfil the below mentioned conditions:
- Every individual desiring to obtain Emergency Medical Technician certificate should be aged 18 years or above.
- All the students have to present the evidence of CPR training.
- The students have to essentially undergo a certified training program for the required certification.
- It is essential for the applicants to have a high school diploma or General Education Development.
- It is also indispensable for the students to maintain a valid driving license.
- The students must have a strong stamina so as to pick up the weight up to 120 pounds.
- Every individual must have the proficiency in communicating in the English language.
- The candidates are mandated to show evidence of their lawful citizenship.
- Each candidate is required to submit his/her fingerprints, and qualify a drug test and background check.
- The applicant also has to be affiliated with any licensed EMS agency.
- It is mandatory for all the EMT prospects to deposit application fees along with the application form to the state.
- An EMT student also has to clear the practical exam administered by the state.
EMT Certification Process
Obtaining an EMT certification is a step-wise process. In Wisconsin, the applicants have to undergo the process as stated below:
1. Primarily, all the applicants are required to finish a state-accredited training coursework. For this, the aspirant has to enrol himself/herself in a state-recognized EMT school or community college.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
2. To become eligible for owning an EMT certificate, applicants are ought to take examinations, administered by the NREMT. After qualifying the exams, the candidates become eligible for obtaining the national certification. For appearing in the exams, students need to go through these steps:
- The aspirant is required to click on the option of “Create New Account” after visiting the NREMT’s official website.
- Select the option of “Create Initial Entry Application” for appearing in the examination.
- The applicants are suggested to pay application charges after finishing the online application procedure. However, they can also pay it later.
- Now, the applicants need to check the status of their application. This can be done by signing-in your own account and clicking on the option of “Check Initial Entry Application Status”.
- If the option of “Submitted” is seen next to “Course Completion Verification”, then it states that the information is forwarded to the desired program, but it has not been verified by the education program director, yet.
- If the option of “Not Submitted” is observed next to “Application Payment”, then the students are supposed to pay the application fees.
- Lastly, after completion of all the formalities and verification of the application, you will see the option of “Print ATT Letter”.
- Schedule the examinations after printing out ATT letter.
3. After appearing in the NREMT exams, the prospective EMTs have to qualify a background check.
4. Lastly, the prospective students need to apply for the license. In the state of Wisconsin, students can go through E-Licensing option for license application. For online application, students need to maintain an account. Just visit the initial page of E-Licensing and read the instructions about E-Licensing Account Set-up.
Process of EMT Recertification
If your EMT certificate expires, you have the option to recertify or renew it. Below are some requirements, which are to be satisfied by the students for getting recertified:
- One must be actively engaged in providing emergency services to the healthcare unit, rescue center, or fire-fighting agency.
- All the essential information should be furnished in the application.
- It is mandatory for the students to complete continuing education hours for showing their competency. The continuing education hours at different levels are as follows:
- EMT- Basic: The continuing education hours at this stage are 24 hours.
- EMT- Intermediate Technician: At this level, the candidate is required to complete 24 hours of continuing education hours.
- Intermediate: Complete 48 continuing education hours for recertification.
- Paramedic: The continuing education hours are similar as that of Intermediate level, i.e. 48 hours.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!