EMT Exams in Arkansas
As soon as you complete your program as EMT, you are required to pass exams conducted by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians in order to obtain a national certificate. However, if a candidate fails to qualify exams, he/she will not get the opportunity to serve as EMT in the United States of America. So, one can say that NREMT exams play a crucial role in the process of becoming a successful and qualified EMT.
Components of EMT Exams
Cognitive exam is basically the computer adaptive test (CAT) and covers the entire spectrum of EMS care, like trauma, airway, ventilation, cardiology, medical, oxygenation, and EMS operations. The maximum time allotted to each candidate for completing and submitting their exam sheets is 2 hours.
Psychomotor examination consists of 12 different skills, which you need to perform in order to prove your prowess before working in the real healthcare settings. All the candidates can bring their own equipments at the exam hall only on the condition that these equipments should be approved by the NREMT.
Psychomotor exams aim to test your knowledge, prowess, and competency in the following areas:
- Patient assessment-trauma
- Ventilator management
- Cardiac management skills
- Medication skills
- Oral station
- Pediatric skills
- Random basic skills
Exam Registration and Scheduling Procedure
When a candidate is found eligible to take up EMT exams in Arkansas, he/ she will be notified through a postcard eligibility letter with all the instructions and steps to register.
Internet Registration and Scheduling
Registering via the internet is the fastest mode to get registered for EMT exams. In order to register through the internet, one needs to present his Master/VISA card. Candidates are required to log into psiexams.com in order to register them. Once a candidate completes his registration process, he/she is directed to choose from the available dates and locations.
Telephone Registration and Scheduling
Following internet, telephonic registration is the second fastest method to register yourself for EMT exams in Arkansas. Through telephone, you can register via IVR (Interactive voice response system) during the non-business hours. For this method, you need to have a valid Master/VISA card, and tell your credit card number and expiration when asked.
Fax Registration and Scheduling
Fax registration is available throughout the day. For this type of registration also, you need to tell your credit card number and its expiration date. However, if the information entered by you is found to be incorrect by the authorities, your form will be sent back to you for corrections.
Registration and Scheduling through Standard Mail
For those candidates, who want to get registered by paying through banker’s checks or money orders, this method is apt. It is also an appropriate method for those, who do not wish to disclose their credit card information. To proceed through this method, you need to fill the registration form and send it to the PSI. After two weeks, when you get registered, you can call PSI for scheduling your exam.
Cancellation and Rescheduling of Exams
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Candidates may cancel their examination schedule and get back their fee if they don’t wish to appear for the exam on the date, they filled for. But, to get back your fee, you are supposed to inform 2 days prior the scheduled exam date. For example, if the exam is scheduled to be held on Wednesday and you don’t want to appear on that day, you may cancel the appointment, but should inform the cancellation by Monday itself as if you inform post Monday, your fees will get forfeited.
If a candidate cancels his/her appointment and wishes to reschedule it on the very same day, it is not possible due to scoring and reporting issues. However, he/she can reschedule it the next day or even a day after. But, the appointment would be provided only according to the seat availability.
Missed Appointment or Late Cancellation
NREMT will cancel your registration, and you will not be refunded any fee in the following cases:
- If you do not want to appear in the exams and do not cancel your appointment 2 days before the scheduled examination date.
- If you do not appear for the exams on time.
- If you fail to show the valid ID proof in front of the authorities, then also you are likely to get disqualified from taking up the exams.
Reporting to the Examination Site
It is expected that a candidate should report to the examination site at least 30 minutes before the scheduled exam time. This gives you enough time to sign in and get acquainted with the examination process.
At the examination site, you are required to present the following identification proofs:
- Every candidate is expected to give two proofs of identification, out of which, one has to be the government issued. It may be a driving license, state ID, passport, etc. Remember, it should have your photograph and signature.
- Only EMT paramedics and intermediates are required to carry their current EMT certification in order to appear for the exams.
Note: If a candidate is not able to present these identification proofs, he/she should notify 3 weeks prior the appointment of the exam to meet the other kind of security verification.
NREMT exam results- whether positive or negative, will be posted on its password-secured website, which means that the candidate will able to view only his/her personal score and not anyone else’s score. CAT exams are pretty precise in determining the exact levels of a candidate’s competency. However, if a candidate fails to meet the minimum levels of competency, he/she will be notified by feedback by NREMT.
A candidate can reapply for a test 15 days after the last examination was held. Candidates are given 6 attempts to clear up EMT test. But, after 3 unsuccessful attempts, candidate is supposed to submit the official documents verifying the completion of 24 hours of remedial program. Post that, candidate is given a chance to complete the remaining 3 attempts provided that all the requirements of NREMT are met.
If a candidate is unsuccessful in clearing exams even after 6 attempts, he/she is required to go through the program and registration process again.
Tips for Preparing for EMT Exams
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
- It is advisable to all the candidates to study in a planned manner as planning will increase your chances of cracking the exams in one go.
- One should read each and every topic without omitting any important part or information.
- While you study anything, keep jotting down important notes and points as it will help you to learn faster.
- Be careful while reading questions in order to determine what exactly is being asked to you.
- Look for the present criticality in the questions, which will help you solve the problem faster.
- Airways and respiration are two really important topics, so they need to be studied in depth.
- If you think that you’re weak in certain areas or subjects, study those subjects in depth and more detail to nail them thoroughly.