EMT Exams in Nevada
The students, who want to receive the EMT certification in Nevada, will have to clear the NREMT examinations designed by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Without qualifying Emergency Medical Technician test, you are not able to render your services in the field of emergency medical services.
Components of EMT Exams
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
The cognitive exam is a computerized test. 70 to 120 questions can be expected in this exam. All the questions are in the format of multiple-choice. You need to complete the test within 2 hours. Medical & obstetrics/gynecology, trauma, airway, respiration and ventilation, cardiology & resuscitation, and EMS operations are some of the important topics from which, questions are generally asked. To pass the cognitive examination, students must show the skills in delivering effective and safe beginner’s level emergency medical care.
Psychomotor exam is basically a practical exam, in which, you are given a medical situation and you need to display your skills to handle that situation. This test evaluates whether you are capable to effectively manage the emergency circumstances in the real work settings or not. In order to gain the certificate in Nevada, students must display their skills in the following:
- Upper airway adjuncts and suction
- Joint, Spine and long bone immobilization
- Patient assessment and management
- Shock management
- Patient management/assessment of a medical patient
- Oxygen administration
- Bleeding control
- Cardiac care management
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation of an apneic patient
- Patient management/assessment of a trauma patient
- Traction splinting
Examination Registration and Scheduling Procedure
Registering and Scheduling via Internet
Students can easily complete the registration process via internet.
- VISA or MasterCard is a must for registering through the internet.
- The candidate needs to create an account to access PSI’s official password-secure website www.psiexams.com.
- The student has to enter the number of his/her MasterCard or VISA in order to proceed.
- The applicant can submit the online form after completing the registration process.
- The candidate will get the examination related necessary information and available examination dates and locations. He/she can schedule the examination date.
Registering and Scheduling via Telephone
A student can also complete the registration process via telephone.
- The students are ought to have a legal MasterCard or VISA.
- Through PSI’s interactive voice response system (IVR), students can complete the registration process during non-business hours.
- During business hours, students can complete the registration process through registrars.
- The applicant needs to enter the MasterCard or Visa number and complete the procedure.
- After finishing the registration process, the applicant will get the available exam dates and necessary information related to the test.
- Students can schedule the examination date and location from the available dates.
Registering and Scheduling via Fax
Applicants, who wish to register via fax, can complete the registration procedure by following the steps given below:
- Students must have a legitimate VISA or MasterCard.
- While completing the exam registration procedure, the candidate needs to enter the MasterCard or VISA number and expiry date.
- After completing the registration procedure, student can fax the form to the PSI. This service is available 24 hours a day.
- The form will be returned to the candidate for correction, in case, it is found to be incorrect or incomplete.
- After completing the procedure, applicants will get the exam related information and available dates and location.
- Student can schedule the test by choosing from the available dates and locations.
Registering and Scheduling via Standard Mail
Those candidates, who do not want to provide the information about their VISA or MasterCard, can use the standard mail in order to complete the registration.
- Fill the PSI registration form.
- Deposit the form along with the examination fee. You can pay your fees through cashier’s check or money order.
- The student’s name should be printed on the cashier’s check or money order.
- The registration takes two weeks to process. After the registration procedure, the student can schedule the examination date by calling the PSI.
Note: Personal checks, cash, or company checks are not acceptable.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Cancellation and Rescheduling of an Examination Appointment
If the student wishes to cancel the scheduled examination without getting their exam fee fortified, he/she has to call on the PSI’s number to provide information about the cancellation of the scheduled test. The process of cancellation should take place 2 days before the scheduled date.
Note: Cancelling the test via voice mail message will not be accepted.
If the student wishes to reschedule the EMT examination, he/she can call on the PSI’s number after the last examination. For retest, the student has to register again through fax, telephone or internet.
Missed Appointment or Late Cancellation
The examination appointment and registration will get cancelled if the candidate fails
- to arrive the exam center on time
- to show the proper identification
- to notify the cancellation 2 days before the scheduled examination
- to appear in the scheduled test
Reporting to the Examination Site
- The student has to report 30 minutes before the beginning of the examination, so that he/she can provide the proper identification. The candidates, who arrive late at the exam center, will not be permitted to enter.
- The students must bring 2 identification forms. One of the identification forms should be issued by the government, which includes state identification, passport, military identification or driver’s license. The ID must also have the applicant’s photograph and signature on it. The second identification form must have the candidate’s pre-printed name and signature.
- EMT intermediate and paramedic students must bring the current EMT certification card to the exam center. In case, you are not having your current EMT certification card, you are allowed to bring reinstatement issued by OEMS.
Exam Results & Retest Information
The next day of the examination, the student can sign in to see the results, which will be available on the NREMT’s password-secured website. After passing the examination, the candidate will be sent the National EMS Certification Credentials by the NREMT.
Those candidates, who fail to pass the examination, will receive a feedback sheet from the NREMT regarding the information about their performance in the test. Through this feedback sheet, the applicants can know whether they have performed “average”, “near”, or “below” the benchmark, and can improve their weak areas.
The student can apply 15 days after the last EMT examination to schedule a retest. The student will get 6 attempts to clear the exam. In the first three attempts, the students must have to submit the official documents of their identification. In the additional 3 attempts, they have to provide all the other requirements for national certification. Students, who fail to clear the exam in 6 chances, will have to repeat the entire EMT course.
Tips for Preparing for Exams
- Be careful and attentive while reading the questions.
- Do study in a planned manner and pay more heed to the important topics, like airway and respiration.
- Make notes to learn the difficult things easily.
- Always listen carefully to your instructor during the training sessions.
- Practice a lot. For this, you can take the help of online EMT practice tests.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!