EMT Exams in New Hampshire
To become a certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in New Hampshire, students need to pass the NREMT examination, designed by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration). This examination is developed to evaluate the competence of students in various EMT skills. This examination is valid in all the states of the United States of America.
Components of Exam
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
Cognitive exam is a computer based test, which includes 70 to 120 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 2 hours. Each question, asked in the examination, evaluates the level of ability of the student. The exam will cover the complete syllabus, including:
- Cardiology & resuscitation
- EMS operations
- Medical & obstetrics/gynecology
- Respiration and ventilation
Remember, after marking the answer, you cannot change it. So, read the questions and answer them carefully in order to pass the examination.
Psychomotor examination requires the candidate to deliver safe and effective emergency medical care. To pass this examination, an aspirant needs to demonstrate his/her competence in various emergency care skills. The instructor needs to make sure that a candidate must demonstrate his/her skills in the following:
- Joint immobilization
- Long bone immobilization
- Oxygen administration
- Medical assessment
- Spinal immobilization supine
- Upper airway adjuncts and suction
- Patient assessment and management
- Shock management
- Patient management/assessment of a medical patient
- Oxygen administration
- Bleeding control
- Cardiac arrest/ AED
- Trauma assessment
- Spinal immobilization seated
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation of an apneic patient
- Patient management/assessment of a trauma patient
- Traction splinting
- BVM ventilation
A candidate needs to complete the state conducted EMT psychomotor examination successfully.
How to Register and Reschedule for EMT Exam?
Registration and Scheduling via Internet
The students can register for the EMT examination using the internet, which is the simplest and fastest way to register.
- To register through internet, applicants must have a valid VISA or MasterCard.
- A candidate needs to log-in to the PSI’s website www.psiexams.com, which is secured by the password.
- An applicant must provide the required information and complete the registration procedure, and submit the form online.
- An applicant must enter the VISA or MasterCard number to pay the examination fee.
- After submitting the form successfully, the candidate will receive information about the available exam dates and locations. A student can choose from the available dates to schedule the exam.
Registration and Scheduling via Telephone
Registration and scheduling of examination through telephone is very trouble-free.
- An applicant must have a MasterCard or VISA, which should be legitimate.
- During non-business hours, a student can call on the PSI’s interactive voice response system (IVR) to register.
- An applicant can register through registrars during the business hours.
- Provide the required information and VISA or MasterCard number to complete the form.
- A candidate can call on the PSI’s number (available 24 hours a day) and register through the automated registration system.
- After submitting the form successfully, candidates will get the list of available dates and locations. Choose the desired date and location to schedule the examination.
Registration and Scheduling via Fax
To register through fax, students need to go through the following steps:
- Applicants must have a VISA or MasterCard and it must be valid.
- A candidate must provide the correct information and accurate VISA or MasterCard number.
- A student needs to fax the form to the PSI in order to obtain the necessary information related to the exam.
- After submitting the form, an applicant will receive the next available examination dates and locations. Choose and schedule your examination.
Note: The fax registration process takes four business days to process.
Registration and Scheduling via Standard Mail
This facility is for those candidates, who don’t wish to share their VISA or MasterCard number. They can register using the standard mail and pay their exam fee through check or money order. On the money order, the name of the student must be printed correctly.
Note: Company checks, cash and personal checks are not acceptable. Registration through standard mail takes 2 weeks to process.
Cancelling and Rescheduling an Examination Appointment
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
A student can cancel his/her scheduled examination appointment and can get the refund of the examination fee by notifying the PSI 2 days before the appointment date. For cancellation, you can call on the PSI’s number. You can also use the automated system to cancel the exam, which is available 24 hours a day.
Note: The voice mail message will not be accepted as a notification to cancel the scheduled test.
An applicant can successfully reschedule his/her examination after a day of the exam. In order to reschedule the exam, a student needs to re-register. A student can re-register through telephone, internet, mail, or fax.
Missed Appointment or Late Cancellation
A candidate’s registration will be considered as invalid, his/her examination fee will not be repaid and he/she will not be allowed to sit in the examination, if:
- An applicant misses his/her examination,
- A student fails to provide the required identification,
- A candidate comes after the commencement of the test, or
- An applicant doesn’t notify the cancellation of the scheduled exam 2 days before the scheduled date.
Reporting to the Examination Site
A candidate has to reach thirty minutes before the exam begins to present the proper identification and to complete the sign in process.
A candidate has to bring 2 identification forms to provide the required information. The first identification must be issued by the government, which must have the student’s signature and photograph. You can show your state ID, passport, driver’s license or military identification. The other identification form must have the candidate’s legally pre-printed name and signature along with the photograph. The information on your identification card must match with your provided registration information.
It’s mandatory for the paramedic and intermediate EMT students to bring their current EMT certification card. If a candidate is not having the current certification card, he/she can bring the OEMS’s reinstatement letter.
Exam Results & Retest Information
A student can see his/her result after 24 hours of the examination. An applicant must log-in to PSI’s password-secured website to look the result. If a candidate successfully passes the exam, he/she will be sent National EMS Certification credentials by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
Unsuccessful students can apply to schedule a retest after 15 days of the last exam.
An applicant will have six opportunities to crack the exam. After 3 attempts, the students are ought to submit the identification documents to complete the verification process. He/she will also have to show the evidence of completion of 24 hours of remedial training. For the national certification, candidates are supposed to provide all other required documents in the given 3 additional opportunities.
If any student fails in all 6 attempts, he/she has to repeat the whole EMT curriculum.
Tips for Preparing for Exams
- Eat protein rich breakfast.
- Read every question attentively and determine your answer before making a choice.
- Consider workbooks for practice.
- Read your EMT textbooks and other study materials thoroughly.
- Consider using guides for extra knowledge.
- Review Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) and ACLS for Paramedics.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!