EMT Program in Colorado
EMT program in Colorado provides the necessary knowledge to the students about emergency medical services at four different levels, which are- EMT-Basic, Advanced EMT, EMT-Intermediate and Paramedic. It enables students to carry out life-supporting tasks at places of trauma and emergencies. In Colorado, EMT program can be taken from colleges, universities, technical schools, and even hospitals.
In order to enrol for EMT program in Colorado, the students must fulfil the following requirements:
- At least 18-years of age is must for every student.
- It is compulsory for a student to possess a valid driving license.
- The student must have a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification by any of the basic healthcare providers.
- A proof of GED or high school certificate should be provided by the student.
- Some schools also test the students’ ability to read, write and speak English and mathematical skills through tests, like COMPASS, ACCUPLACER and ASSET.
- Students must provide proofs of immunizations for measles, mumps, tetanus, pertussis, diphtheria, Hepatitis B, chickenpox, and rubella.
- Students also need to provide a negative report of tests done for tuberculosis, chest X-ray and a flu shot.
- A drug check-up and a check on the criminal background are also mandatory for every student.
The coursework of EMT program aims at furnishing detailed knowledge to the students so that they can easily handle the emergency situations. However, the skills and knowledge are provided at different levels of program.
- EMS Systems
- Well-being of the EMT
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- How to properly move and lift patients?
- Patient assessment, documentation, patient record and communication
- Respiratory and cardiac emergencies
- Diabetic, poison/overdose emergencies
- Handling trauma cases, like injuries of head, neck, spine, chest and abdomen
- Shock and bleeding management
- Gynaecology and obstetrics emergencies
- Airway management and oxygen techniques
- Environmental & pediatric emergencies
- Musculoskeletal and soft tissue injuries
- Handling several patients at a time, and at hazardous situations
- Handling patients in ambulances or other modes of transport
- Mass-casualty incidents
Duration and Fees
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
The approximate fees of EMT program in Colorado will ranges between $2000 and $6500 per student. The duration of an EMT basic program is about 192 hours while an intermediate and paramedic course may last up to 10 months or more.
State-Approved EMT Program Centers
- Aims Community College
Address: 5401 West 20th Street, Greeley, Colorado- 80634
Contact Number: (970) 330-8008
- Arapahoe Community College
Address: 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado- 80120-1801
Contact Number: 303-797-4222
Official Website: http://www.arapahoe.edu/
- Colorado Mesa University
Address: 1100 North Avenue, Grand Junction, Colorado- 81501-3122
Contact Number: 970-248-1020/ 800-982-6372
- Colorado Mountain College
Address: 1402 Blake Avenue, Glenwood Springs, Colorado- 81601
Contact Number: 970-945-7486
Official Website: http://coloradomtn.edu/
- Community College of Aurora
Address: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway, Aurora, Colorado- 80011-9036
Contact Number: 303-360-4700
Official Website: http://www.ccaurora.edu/
- Community College of Denver
Address: Campus Box- 215, P.O. Box- 173363, Denver, Colorado- 80217
Contact Number: 303-556-2600
- Front Range Community College- Boulder County Campus
Address: 2190 Miller Drive, Longmont, Colorado- 80501
Contact Number: 303-678-3722
Official Website: http://www.frontrange.edu/
- Morgan Community College
Address: 920 Barlow Road, Fort Morgan, Colorado- 80701
Contact Number: 1-800-622-0216
Official Website: http://www.morgancc.edu/
- Pikes Peak Community College
Address: 5675 South Academy Boulevard, Colorado Springs, Colorado- 80906
Contact Number: (800) 456-6847
Official Website: http://www.ppcc.edu/
- Pueblo Community College
Address: 900 West Orman Avenue, Pueblo, Colorado- 81004-1499
Contact Number: 719-549-3200
Official Website: http://www.pueblocc.edu/
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
- Red Rocks Community College
Address: 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, Colorado- 80228
Contact Number: 303-914-6600
Official Website: http://www.rrcc.edu/
- Denver Health Paramedic Division
Address: 190 West 6th Avenue, MC-3652, Denver, Colorado- 80204
Contact Number: 303-602-2531
Official Website: http://www.denverems.org/
In case of any further information or queries on EMT program in Colorado, you may contact:
Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
EMSDP-PCP-A-5, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive,
Denver, Colorado- 80246-1530
Contact Number: (303) 692-2980