EMT Program in Connecticut
If you want to pursue EMT program in Connecticut, you need to be well aware of the work and challenges that are faced by an Emergency Medical Technician. EMT program in Connecticut will teach students about ways to manage various hazardous sites while giving life-saving services to the victims or patients. Usually, there are three levels of EMT program in Connecticut: Basic, Intermediate and Paramedic.
The basic requirements to apply for EMT program in Connecticut are:
- While applying, students should be at least 18 years old.
- A valid driver’s licence is also a necessary requirement.
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification is compulsory throughout the course.
- Students must have passed a GED exam or tenth grade level.
- Students must provide the required immunization proofs of various diseases.
- Aspirants also need to give the negative reports of tuberculosis, chest X-ray, and a flu shot.
- Students also need to go through a drug check-up as well as a check on their criminal background.
During program, students are introduced and garnered with a number of basic and advance emergency medical skills at different levels. Once you complete the course, you get acquainted with every aspect of the emergency medical care.
The curriculum of EMT program is as follows:
- EMS systems and role of the EMT-Basic
- Legal and ethical issues
- Anatomy and physiology
- How to lift and move patients?
- Airway management & oxygen therapy
- Patient assessment, patient history, communication and documentation
- Vital signs
- Cardiac, respiratory, poison/overdose, diabetic, environmental, obstetrical and gynaecological emergencies
- Shock & bleeding management
- Trauma emergencies – injuries of head, spine, neck, chest, soft tissue, abdomen and musculoskeletal
- Pediatric emergencies
- Rescue operations
- How to handle multiple patients, and hazardous situations?
Duration and Fees
The EMT-Basic program in Connecticut completes in about 150-190 hours of classes. The cost of EMT program in Connecticut is around $1500.
State-Approved EMT Program Centers
- Capital Community College
Address: 950, Main Street, Hartford, Connecticut- 06103
Contact Number: (860) 906-5000, (800) 894-6126
- Goodwin College
Address: One Riverside Drive, East Hartford, Connecticut- 06118
Contact Number: (860) 528-4111/ (800) 889-3282
- Danbury Hospital
Address: 24 Hospital Avenue, Danbury, Connecticut- 06810
Contact Number: 1-800-516-3658
- Hartford Hospital
Address: 80 Seymour Street, Hartford, Connecticut- 06102
Contact Number: (860) 545-5000
Fax Number: (860) 545-5066
- Connecticut Medical Program Academy
Address: Waterside Commons, 70 Main Street, Windsor Locks, Connecticut- 06096
Contact Number: (860) 623-9937
If you need any further information on EMT program in Connecticut, please contact:
Connecticut EMS Office
410 Capital Avenue,
P.O. Box- 340308,
Hartford, Connecticut- 06134-0308
Contact Number: (860) 509-7975