EMT Program in New Jersey
EMT program in New Jersey helps in providing students with an in-depth classroom as well as clinical program to become qualified for getting state licensure. A candidate, who wants to pursue his/her career in EMS in the state of New Jersey, has to follow certain procedures of program, examinations, and certification.
To become EMT-Basics, candidate needs to undergo program in the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Emergency Medical Technician-Basic program program. In New Jersey, candidate has to pass NREMT (National Registry Emergency Medical Technician) examinations along with a computer based exam.
After accomplishing program courses and qualifying required exams, students can acquire state license.
Mandatory EMT Requirements
Everyone, who wants to become a skilled and trained EMT to fulfil the duties of health, safety, and emergency in favour of common people, have to enrol in any of the state approved program center. Students are required to fulfil mandatory requirements. These common requirements to be an EMT are:
- The candidate needs to have attained an age of 18 years or above.
- The candidate is required to submit proof of high school diploma or GED.
- Students must have to clear a current CPR program and maintain it properly throughout the program program.
- The candidates are required to carry a valid driving license.
- The candidates also need to submit proof of placement results.
- All the candidates applying for enrolment, have to have undergone various vaccinations, such as:
- Hepatitis B
- The candidates have to get vaccinated with Tdap vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus, chickenpox, and pertussis.
- The aspirant has to go through a drug test.
- It is mandatory to submit test reports of criminal background check.
- Lastly, the candidate must be psychologically and physically fit to handle the emergency responsibilities.
EMTs provide willing services to the public. Their scope of services includes safety, health, and emergency services. We all have gone through the essential requirements to be fulfilled by a candidate to become eligible for a program program. Now, let us understand, what all an EMT can expect from program programs? Some of the subjects about which students learn are:
- Study of the human body
- Medical, ethical, and legal issues in Emergency Medical Services
- Trauma patient assessment
- Bleeding control method
- Managing shocks
- Lifting and moving dead bodies
- Managing head, spine, and neck injuries
- Managing soft tissues injuries
- Respiratory emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Oxygen administration
- Applying bandages on wounds
- Cardiac emergencies, etc.
There are various levels of undergoing a program program. After the successful completion of program, students can acquire state license. The EMT program standards at each level varies from state to state. These levels are:
- EMT-First Responder
Duration and Fees of Program
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Before selecting a program institute, students are required to go through the cost and length of the EMT program program. The minimum hours for EMT program at each level of program are 40 hours. The length of the program program at each level is as follows:
- EMT-Basics: To complete basic program, a candidate requires 120 hours of learning. This is the initial level of program, which prepares a candidate for basic services.
- EMT-Intermediate: To pursue EMT intermediate program, 320 hours of classroom and clinical program along with basic program is required.
- EMT-Paramedic: To pursue EMT paramedic program, a candidate needs to complete program of 1000-1200 hours. For paramedic program, many states provide an associates college degree to the aspirants.
Besides the duration of the program program, students should also check the cost of the program program. Basically, the EMT program fees in New Jersey ranges from $1,595 to $6,294.
State Approved EMT Program Centres in New Jersey
The state of New Jersey has approved various program schools and centers to provide EMT program to the aspirants, who want to make a bright career in Emergency Medical Services. Various schools, which are authorized under state of New Jersey, are:
- Atlantic Cape Community College
Address: 5100, Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing, New Jersey- 08330
Contact Number: 609-343-4900 / 609-625-1111
Official Website: http://www.atlantic.edu/
- Bergen County Law & Public Safety Institute
Address: One Bergen County Plaza, Hackensack, New Jersey- 07601-7076
Contact Number: 201-336-6000
- Lumberton Emergency Squad
Address: 32, Municipal Drive, P.O. Box- 339, Lumberton, New Jersey- 08048
Contact Number: 609-261-1828
- Delran Emergency Squad
Address: 900, Chester Avenue, P.O. Box- 1310, Delran, New Jersey- 08075
Contact Number: 856-461-1210
Official Website: http://www.delranems.org/
- Burlington County Emergency Service Program Centre
Address: 49, Rancocas Road, Mount Holly, New Jersey- 08060
Contact Number: 609-265-5000
Official Website: http://www.co.burlington.nj.us/
- Mount Laurel Emergency Medical Services, Inc.
Address: 201, Masonville Road, Mount Laurel, New Jersey- 08054
Contact Number: 856-778-1274
- Camden County College (Blackwood Campus)
Address: P.O. Box- 200, College Drive, Blackwood, New Jersey- 08012-0200
Contact Number: 856-227-7200
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Address: Clinical Academic Building, 125 Paterson Street, New Brunswick, New Jersey- 08901
Contact Number: 732-235-6200/6201
- Lower Cape May Regional School District
Address: 687, Route- 9, Cape May, New Jersey- 08204
Contact Number: 609-884-3475
- Millburn-Short Hills Volunteer First Aid Squad
Address: P.O. Box- 226, Millburn, New Jersey- 07041
Contact Number: 973-564-7005
- Millville Rescue Squad
Address: 600, Cedar Street, Millville, New Jersey- 08332
Contact Number: 856-825-5063
Official Website: http://www.millvillerescue.org/
- West Orange First Aid Squad, Inc.
Address: 25, Mount Pleasant Place, West Orange, New Jersey- 07052
Contact Number: 973-325-4170
- Mountainside Hospital
Address: One Bay Avenue, Montclair, New Jersey- 07042
Contact Number: 973-429-6000
- Gloucester County College
Address: 1400, Tanyard Road, Sewell, New Jersey- 08080
Contact Number: 856-468-5000
- Liberty Health Medical Center
Address: 355, Grand Street, Jersey City, New Jersey- 07302
Contact Number: 201-915-2000
Official Website: http://www.libertyhealth.org/about.aspx?id=56
- St. Michael’s Medical Center
Address: 111, Central Avenue, Newark, New Jersey- 07102
Contact Number: 973-877-5000
Official Website: http://www.smmcnj.org/
- Capital Health Regional Medical Center
Address: 750, Brunswick Avenue, Trenton, New Jersey- 08638
Contact Number: 609-394-6000
- Pennington First Aid Squad
Address: 110, Broemel Pl, Pennington, New Jersey- 08534
Contact Number: 609-737-0479
- Mercer County Fire Academy
Address: 350, Lawrence Station Road, Lawrenceville New Jersey- 08648
Contact Number: 609-799-3245
- Princeton First Aid and Rescue Squad
Address: 237, North Harrison Street, Princeton, New Jersey- 08540
Contact Number: 609-924-3338
Official Website: http://www.pfars.org/
- Sayreville First Aid Squad, Inc.
Address: 776, Washington Road, Parlin, New Jersey- 08859
Contact Number: 732-390-7011
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Address: 1945, Route- 33, Neptune, New Jersey- 07753
Contact Number: 732-775-5500
- Monmouth-Ocean Hospital Service Corporation (MONOC)
Address: 4806, Megill Road, Wall Township, Neptune, New Jersey- 07753
Contact Number: 732-919-3045
- Budd Lake First Aid and Rescue Squad, Inc.
Address: Station 27 Rescue, 365 Route- 46, P.O. Box- 761, Budd Lake, New Jersey
Contact Number: 973-691-0900 ext 7382
- Keyport School District
Address: 370, Broad Street, Keyport, New Jersey- 07735
Contact Number: 732-212-6100
- Chilton Hospital
Address: 97, West Parkway, Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Contact Number: 973-831-5000
- Passaic County Community College
Address: One College Boulevard, Paterson, New Jersey- 07505
Contact Number: 973-684-6868
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
- Morris County Public Safety Academy
Address: 500, West Hanover Avenue, Parsippany, New Jersey- 07054
Contact Number: 973-285-2979
Official Website: http://www.morrisacademy.org/
- Ocean County
Address: P.O. Box- 2191, Toms River, New Jersey- 08754-2191
Contact Number: 609-242-8450
Official Website: http://www.co.ocean.nj.us
- Somerset County
Address: P.O. Box- 3000, 20 Grove Street, Somerville, New Jersey- 08876-1262
Contact Number: 908-231-7000
- Somerset County Vocational & Technical Schools
Address: 14, Vogt Drive, P.O. Box- 6350, Bridgewater, New Jersey- 08807
Contact Number: 908-526-8900
- Sussex County Community College
Address: One College Hill Road, Newton, New Jersey- 07860
Contact Number: 973-300-2100
- Wallkill Valley Regional High School
Address: 10, Grumm Road, Hamburg, New Jersey- 07419
Contact Number: 973-827-4100
- Warren County Community College
Address: 475, Route 57 West, Washington, New Jersey- 07882
Contact Number: 908-835-9222
- Union County College
Address: 1033, Springfield Avenue, Cranford, New Jersey- 07016
Contact Number: 908-709-7000