EMT Training in Utah
EMT training in Utah is the base for becoming eligible to qualify NREMT examinations. Like other states, the state of Utah also considers the EMT National Standard Coursework authorized by DOT (Department of Transportation). The students, who want to provide willing emergency services, have to undergo certain educational programs, training levels, and certification procedures, formulated by Department of Health.
To obtain license, candidates need to follow the rules and regulations laid by the Utah Bureau of Emergency Medical Services. They are also required to complete four levels of training.
Essential EMT Training Requirements
There are certain requirements, which a candidate needs to fulfil before enrolling in a training school. In United States, every state has formulated certain specifications for EMT training. It is obligatory for the candidates to go through these specifications and fulfil them.
- For every candidate, it is obligatory to attain an age of 18 or above to get admission in the training school.
- It is an obligation for the candidates to have a high school diploma or General Education Development.
- The candidates are required to show evidence of successful completion of CPR certification course.
- The candidates are also required to show evidence of the tests, like ACCUPULAR or ASSET, which are conducted for checking the candidate’s academic abilities.
- The students should be able to read at 10th grade level.
- The applicants need to show proof of various inoculations, such as:
- Hepatitis B
- The EMT contenders have to undergo a Tdap inoculation to get protection from pertussis, chickenpox, tetanus, and diphtheria.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to present ‘Tuberculosis Sot’ documentation.
- Prospective candidates have to face a drug test.
- They are also ought to pass the criminal background check successfully.
- The candidates, who are not residents of Utah, have to go through a fingerprint identification procedure.
- All the prospective students have to carry a valid driving license.
- The candidates need to posses strong stamina and sound mental health.
The coursework of the training program is developed in such a way that you can get maximum knowledge in a very short span. The various levels of training in Utah are:
- EMR (Emergency Medical Responder): The initial stage of EMT training is EMR. Students are made aware of basic techniques to use during basic life support emergencies. At this stage, students are not taught complex procedures.
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician): The second stage of training is EMT, which can be considered a basic level of training. The students are make acquainted with several basic methods to handle severe accidents, trauma, or medical emergencies.
- AEMT (Advanced Emergency Medical Technician): From its name, it suggest that students, at this stage of training, receives several instructions about advanced procedures and methods, like advanced airway management, IV fluid therapy, cardiac emergencies, musculoskeletal emergencies, etc.
- Paramedic: When students become well-versed with basic and advanced procedures, he/she approaches paramedic level. At this level, several skills are practiced, like fracture management, shock management, obstetrics handling techniques, handling head, spinal or neck emergencies.
Training Course Content
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Here is the outline of coursework of EMT training.
- Pediatric emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Haemorrhage control techniques
- Emergency trauma management
- Advanced airway management
- Bleeding control techniques
- Manage head, spinal, neck injuries
- Techniques to lift and move ill or injured patients
- Assistance during emergency childbirth
- Procedures to understand vital signs
- Oxygen therapy
- Managing IV fluids
- Methods to handle soft tissue injuries
- Handling gynaecological emergencies
- Methods to use in case of cardiac emergencies
Cost and Length of Training Program
For every student, it is important to know the cost and length of the training program, which he/she will undergo. In every state, there are umpteen training schools, which offer a variety of training programs with different cost and time period. The decision of enrolment should be taken after evaluating each and every aspect.
In the state of Utah, the student can complete required training program by spending approximately $1,710 to $5,940. The total time period required for completing EMT training is 120 hours of classroom instructions and 10 hours of clinical instructions.
State-Approved EMT Training Schools
The state of Utah has accredited several training schools to provide sufficient training to the EMT aspirants. These schools follow standard curriculum and provide quality education to the students.
- Weber State University
Address: 3848 Harrison Boulevard, Ogden, Utah- 84408
Contact Number: 801-626-6000 / 801-626-6460
Official Website: https://www.weber.edu/
- Davis Applied Technology College
Address: 550 East 300 South, Kaysville, Utah- 84037-2699
Contact Number: 801-593-2500
Official Website: https://www.datc.edu/
- Dixie State University
Address: 225 South 700 East Street, George, Utah- 84770
Contact Number: 435-652-7500
Official Website: http://www.dixie.edu/
- Brigham Young University
Address: Provo, Utah- 84602
Contact Number: 801-422-4636 / 801-422-1211
Official Website: http://home.byu.edu/home/
- Mountainland Applied Technology College
Address: 1410 Business Park Drive, Orem, Utah- 84058
Contact Number: 801-753-6282
- Salt Lake Community College
Address: 4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, Utah- 84123
Contact Number: 801-957-7522
Official Website: http://www.slcc.edu/
- The University of Utah
Address: 201 Presidents Circle, Room 201 SLC, Utah- 84112
Contact Number: 801-581-7200
Official Website: http://www.utah.edu/
- Utah State University
Address: Logan, Utah- 84322
Contact Number: 435-797-1000
Official Website: http://www.usu.edu/
- Utah Valley University
Address: 800 West University Parkway, Orem, Utah- 84058
Contact Number: 801-863-4636
Official Website: http://www.uvu.edu/
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
If candidates want to get further information on EMT training, they can contact
Utah Bureau of Emergency Medical Services
Utah Department of Health
Address: P.O. Box- 142004, Salt Lake City, Utah- 84114-204
Utah EMS Office
Address: 3760 South Highland Drive, Floor 4 & 5, Salt Lake City, Utah
Phone: 801-273-6666 / 800-284-1131