EMT Training in Wisconsin
To pursue a successful career in EMS, the students of Wisconsin have to go through a proper training program. The state of Wisconsin considers NREMT test to provide EMT certification. EMT training is a key to become eligible for clearing NREMT examinations and acquire state license. For this, the students have to successfully complete five levels of training. To judge the ability, students can also prepare themselves by taking practice tests online.
Pre-requisites for EMT Training
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
Every candidate, who aspires to become a licensed EMT, has to fulfil various specifications. These specifications are different in each state. In the state of Wisconsin, the candidates, who want to get admission in a state-accredited training school, have to fulfil the pre-requisites that involve:
- The prospective EMTs ought to possess an age of eighteen years or above.
- The candidates have to carry a valid driving license.
- All applicants must be able to read at 10th grade level.
- A candidate has to present an evidence of placement results.
- The candidates have to hold a CPR certificate all throughout the training program.
- A student also needs to qualify a drug test.
- The students have to get done the following immunizations and show proof:
- Hepatitis B
- The students also have to undergo a flu shot, a negative chest x-ray, and a negative TB skin PPD test.
- The EMT prospects should be bodily and emotionally strong to practice emergency handling techniques.
The EMT prospects in Wisconsin can learn and practice various pre-hospital medical care techniques by going through five different training levels, which are as follows:
- Medical First Responder (FR): The basic stage of training includes several skills, like haemorrhage control, airway management, monitoring blood pressure, oxygen therapy, etc.
- EMT-Basic: The second stage of training includes methods to be practised at basic life support emergency, like methods to manage wounds, splinting, shock management, etc.
- EMT-Intermediate/85: The middle level of pre-hospital emergency medical services, under which, advance life supporting techniques are instructed to the students, like epinephrine auto-injectors, IV fluid therapy, advanced airway management, and administering various medications.
- EMT-Intermediate/99: This level helps in developing skills, like nasogastric tube placement, endotracheal intubation, monitoring ECGs, etc.
- EMT-Paramedic: The highest stage of the training program is EMT-P, at which, a student performs skills, like fluid resuscitation, advanced patient assessment, pharmaceutical administration, etc.
Fees and Length of Training Coursework
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Before joining any training institute, students should evaluate the cost and length of the coursework being offered by various training institutes. After cross-checking both the aspects, a candidate can enrol in the school. In Wisconsin, the cost to pursue EMT training ranges from $3,520 to $4,000.
In addition to it, the length or duration of the training program depends on the following training levels:
- Medical First Responder: The initial stage of training requires almost 49 hours of educational training. Some institutes extend training hours from 49 to 60.
- EMT-Basic: The second level of training requires 180 hours of classroom and practical instructions.
- EMT-I/85: Along with 180 hours of basic training, this phase provides additional 170 hours training, which includes 76 hours of classroom instructions, 44 hours of practical training, and 50 hours of clinical training.
- EMT-I/99: This level renders 496 additional hours of training, of which, 2/3 of the training involves classroom instructions and remaining involve practical session.
- EMT-P: The final stage of training requires 1000 hours, including 700 hours of classroom teachings and remaining in gaining practical experience.
State-Approved EMT Schools
The state of Wisconsin has approved the following training centers for students to avail the training:
- Fox Valley Technical College
Address: 1825 North Bluemound Drive, P.O. Box- 2277, Appleton, Wisconsin- 54912-2277
Contact Number: 920-735-5600 / 1-800-735-3882
Official Website: http://www.fvtc.edu/public/
- Lakeshore Technical College
Address: 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland, Wisconsin- 53015
Contact Number: 920-693-1000
Official Website: http://gotoltc.edu/
- Chippewa Valley Technical College
Address: 620 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, Wisconsin- 54701
Contact Number: 715-833-6200
Official Website: http://www.cvtc.edu/Pages/default.aspx
- Moraine Park Technical College
Address: 235 North National Avenue, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin- 54936-1940
Contact Number: 920-887-1101
Official Website: http://www.morainepark.edu/
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Address: 2740 West Mason Street, P.O. Box- 19042, Green Bay, Wisconsin- 54307-9042
Contact Number: 920-498-5400
Official Website: http://www.nwtc.edu/Pages/home.aspx
- Blackhawk Technical College
Address: 6004 South County Road G, Janesville, Wisconsin- 53546-9458
Contact Number: 608-758-6900
Official Website: http://www.blackhawk.edu/
- Gateway Technical College
Address: 3520 30th Avenue, Kenosha, Wisconsin- 53144
Contact Number: 262-564-3600
Official Website: https://www.gtc.edu/gateway-technical-college
- Western Technical College
Address: 400 Seventh Street North, La Crosse, Wisconsin- 54601
Contact Number: 608-785-9200 / 800-322-9982
Official Website: http://www.westerntc.edu/
- Herzing University
Address: 555 South Executive Drive, Brookfield, Wisconsin- 53005
Contact Number: 262-649-1710
Official Website: http://www.herzing.edu/
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
Address: 700 West State Street, Milwaukee Wisconsin- 53233
Contact Number: 414-297- 6282
Official Website: http://www.matc.edu/
- Waukesha County Technical College
Address: 800 Main Street, Pewaukee, Wisconsin- 53072
Contact Number: 262-691-5566
Official Website: http://www.wctc.edu/
- Nicolet Area Technical College
Address: 5364 College Drive, Rhinelander, Wisconsin- 54501
Contact Number: 715-365-4410 / 800-544-3039
Official Website: http://www.nicoletcollege.edu/
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
Address: 505 Pine Ridge Drive, Shell Lake, Wisconsin- 54871-8727
Contact Number: 715-468-2815
Official Website: http://www.witc.edu/
- Northcentral Technical College
Address: 1000 West Campus Drive, Wausau, Wisconsin- 54401
Contact Number: 715-675-3331
Official Website: https://www.ntc.edu/
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
- Mid-State Technical College
Address: 500 32nd Street North, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin- 54494
Contact Number: 715-422-5300
Official Website: http://www.mstc.edu/
For further queries, contact
Wisconsin Bureau of EMS
Address: 1 West Wilson Street, P.O. Box- 2659, Madison, Wisconsin- 53701
Contact Number: 608-266-1568