EMT Exams in Oklahoma
EMT exams in Oklahoma evaluate a student’s expertise in delivering emergency medical care. EMT certification requires a candidate to clear the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) exam. The questions in this examination are asked from the syllabus designed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Components of the Exam
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
The cognitive exam is the NREMT’s computer adaptive test (CAT), which assesses the candidate’s skilfulness in delivering effective emergency medical care. In order to pass the exam successfully, the candidate has to answer 70-120 questions from the topics, including:
- EMS Operations
- Cardiology & Resuscitation
- Obstetrics/Gynecology & Medical
The applicant has to complete the exam in the given time of 2 hours. Once made the choice, a student cannot change it.
Every student requires clearing the state-approved Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) psychomotor exam in order to become eligible for the certification.
Throughout the candidate’s EMT curriculum, he/she has to provide safe and secure, as well as effective emergency medical care skills to pass the examination. The candidate’s instructor must make sure that he/she demonstrates his/her skills in the wide range of medical care skills, which includes:
- Oxygen Administration
- Traction Splinting
- Shock Management
- Cardiac Arrest AED
- Trauma Assessment
- Bleeding Control
- Spinal Immobilization Seated
- Joint Immobilization
- Spinal Immobilization Supine
- Upper airway adjuncts and suction
- BVM Ventilation
- Medical Assessment
- Patient Assessment and Management
- Patient management/assessment of a trauma patient
- Long Bone Immobilization
- Patient management/assessment of a medical patient
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation of an apneic patient
Examination Registration and Scheduling Procedure
Candidates can register for the exam through 4 ways. All the below given services of registration are available 24 hours a day.
Registering and Scheduling via Internet
Internet registration requires a valid Master or Visa card number. Follow these simple steps to register via the internet:
- Make an account on the PSI’s registration website- www.psiexams.com.
- Fill up the provided registration form.
- Choose your institution from the drop-down list of institutions.
- Enter your legal Visa or Master card number and expiry date to pay the exam fee.
- Submit the form after filling it completely.
- Select from the available dates and locations to schedule the exam.
Registering and Scheduling via Telephone
Telephonic registration is easy and second fastest way to register for the exam. For telephonic registration, the candidate must have a legal Visa or Master card.
- Interact with the PSI’s Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) to complete the registration process during the non-business hours.
- During the business hours, the candidate has to complete the registration through live registrars.
- To pay the examination fee, provide your Master or Visa card number and expiry date.
- Once registering successfully, the candidate can select the next available examination dates and locations to schedule the examination.
Registering and Scheduling via Fax
In order to complete the registration through fax, the student must have a legitimate Visa or Master card.
- The applicant needs to fill the required information.
- Provide your legal Master or Visa card’s expiry date and number to make payment of the exam fee.
- Once completing the registration process, the candidate can fax the form to the PSI.
- To schedule the exam, you can choose the desired date and location from the available ones.
- If the information is found incorrect on the registration form, it will be returned to the candidate for correction and improvement.
Note: Allow 4 business days to complete the fax registration process.
Registration and Scheduling via Standard Mail
Through standard mail, the candidate can complete the registration procedure without sharing his/her Visa or Master card number. An applicant can make the payment through cashier’s check or money order.
- The registration form needs to be filled by the student.
- The candidate has to write his/her name on the cashier’s check or money order to properly assign the money to the PSI.
- After filling the registration form correctly, mail this form to the PSI along with the money order or cashier’s check.
- After completion of the registration, the candidate can select from the next available dates and locations to schedule his/her exam.
Note: Payment of fees made through cash, personal checks or company checks will not be accepted. Standard mail registration takes 2 weeks to process.
Cancellation and Rescheduling of an Examination Appointment
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
To cancel an appointed test, the applicant has to let know the PSI 2 days before the scheduled examination. If the candidate notifies the PSI for cancellation two days before the appointed exam, then he/she will be entitled to get a refund of the exam fee.
You can use the automated system to cancel and reschedule an appointed exam. This service is available 24 hours a day.
Missed Appointment or Late Cancellation
Your exam appointment will be missed, your registration will be considered as invalid, your examination fee will be forfeited, and you will also not be permitted to sit in the exam if you fail in any of the following:
- Forgets to notify about the cancellation to the PSI, 2 days before the appointed exam, or
- You remain absent throughout the exam, or
- Fail to show the proper identification, or
- Arrive late at the exam center.
Reporting to the Examination Site
In order to report to the examination site, the applicant has to arrive ½ hour before the commencement of the exam. The candidate must meet the requirements by providing 2 ID forms. The first identification form must be issued by the government, which includes driver’s license, passport, state identification or military identification. It must have the applicant’s signature, name and photograph. The second ID form must contain the candidate’s legitimately pre-printed name and signature.
Paramedic and Intermediate EMT applicants are ought to have their current EMT certification card. However, a reinstatement letter issued by the Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS) can also be shown, in case, your current EMT certification card is lost.
Exam Results and Retest Information
Exam results can be seen after 24 hours of the last examination. The candidate can log-in to the NREMT’s password-secured website to see the results. If you have passed the exam, it infers that you have met the benchmark. On getting success in the test, you will receive the National Certification credentials from the NREMT.
An applicant receives the information sheet from the NREMT, if he/she fails to pass the exam. On the information sheet, the candidate’s performance will be described as “near” “below” or “average”. This sheet will help the applicant in evaluating his/her performance.
A student can apply for a retest after 15 days of the last exam. In this retest, the candidate will get 6 opportunities to pass this exam. After 3 chances, the applicant must submit the required identification documents for the verification process. In the next 3 extra attempts, the candidate has to submit the required documents for the national certification.
The whole EMT educational program has to be repeated by you, if you fail in all the six given opportunities.
Tips for Preparing for the Exams
- Do thorough studies from your EMT textbooks.
- Prepare notes and read other references and study materials.
- If you are unable to understand anything or face difficulty in any topic, ask your teacher to help you.
- Attend every class and don’t miss any chapter.
- Read carefully the chapters, which you find difficult.
- Sleep well the night before the exam.
- Take a balanced protein-rich diet on the day of the exam.
- Be confident while answering the questions.
- Read the questions carefully and read each question for 40-50 seconds.
- Don’t panic and complete the exam in the allotted time.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!