EMT Certification in Georgia
EMT certification in Georgia is a proof that the candidate, possessing it, is well-qualified to provide pre-hospital care to their patients. But, before that, it’s crucial for them to take EMT training from a state-accredited school or college. Then, candidates need to sit in an examination organised by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) and qualify it successfully. The validity of the EMT certificate in the state of Georgia is two years.
Requirements to Get EMT Certificate
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
The candidate should fulfil the following pre-requisites in order to get certification:
- Aspirants, who are 18 years old or more, can apply for the certificate.
- EMT training from a state-approved training school is compulsory.
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification is mandatory to be owned by the candidate.
- NREMT examination must be passed by the candidate.
- The candidate must provide proof of his legal presence in the U.S.
- Candidate’s fluency in English is very important.
- A check on the candidate’s background is also a must.
Besides this, you need to fulfil some special requirements to get EMT certificate, like submission of an application, as well as applicable fee, and pass a state-approved practical examination.
Process of EMT Certification
Step 1: Get EMT Training
First of all, the candidate must take EMT training from a training college or school, recognized by the state.
Step 2: Submit Your Application for the National Certification
- Create an account on the NREMT website. Open the website and click on “Create New Account”.
- Next, create a new application on the website by clicking on the link “Create Initial Entry Application”.
- Now, you need to make the payment of the application fee just after finishing the online application.
- Check the progress of your application and the “Authorization to Test” (ATT) Letter by logging in the website using your username and password. Here, click on the option “Check Initial Entry Application Status”.
- If “Submitted” appears besides “Course Completion Verification”, then it is an indication that your details have been provided, but yet the approval of the education program director about your course completion is awaited.
- However, you need to pay the application fee before you get ATT Letter, in case, “Not Submitted” besides “Application Payment” appears on the site.
- You will see the link “Print ATT Letter” if the education program director has verified your course completion process.
- Now, print your ATT Letter and decide a date of your NREMT examination. The instructions for scheduling the NREMT exam are provided in your ATT Letter.
The NREMT practical examinations are conducted by the state-approved training programs of Georgia.
Step 3: Background Check
A background check of the candidate through their fingerprint should be done. You need to go to the Georgia Applicant Processing Services website for this purpose.
Step 4: Apply for the License
Now, fill the EMS Individual Licensure Application form, which includes the following requirements:
- The candidate must submit a clear copy of his/her certificate of course completion.
- He/she should also provide NREMT certificate copies.
- They should also provide both-sided copies of CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) card.
- The candidate should make the payment of $75.00 as initial certification fee through check drawn on the name of “Georgia Department of Public Health”.
- They should provide a proof of their legal presence in U.S.
- A 2X2 coloured photograph for identification is also needed.
Renewal of EMT Certificate
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
The common pre-requisites that must be fulfilled by the EMT professionals in Georgia are:
- EMT candidate of Georgia should be employed with an emergency medical service or other healthcare facility.
- The candidate must prove his/her cognitive ability through an examination or a course of Continuing Education (CE).
EMR-Emergency Medical Responder
- The candidates must submit their completed application of recertification by September 30 of the year, in which, the renewal of the certificate is due.
- A state-approved refresher course of 12 hours should be completed by the candidates.
- The payment of a non-refundable fee of $10.00 also needs to be made.
- EMT-basic candidates must provide their application before March 31 of that year, in which, their certificate is going to expire.
- The candidates must complete a 24-hour refresher course of Continuing Education (CE) along with additional training of 48 hours.
- They should pay an amount of $15 (non-refundable) while submitting the documents for recertification.
- They should also provide skills verification proof, which should be signed by the Training Program Director and Director of Operations or Physician Medical Director.
- Candidates should also submit their CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) card.
- The candidate must finish a 36-hour state-approved refresher course along with added training of 36 hours in the respective EMT field.
- He/she should also pay a non-refundable fee of $15 while submitting the application for the recertification.
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) card is a must.
- It is important for the candidate to finish a 36-hour refresher course, as well as additional training of 36 hours, including necessary EMS topics.
- A payment of $15 must be done by the candidate as the fee for the renewal of application.
- The skill verification must be maintained by the candidate, which should be authorized and signed by the Physician Medical Director.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification is a must in order to apply for the recertification.
- A 48-hour refresher course is mandatory to be done by the paramedic candidate of Georgia.
- Besides this, he/she must also have to complete an additional training of 24 hours.
- $20 must be paid by the candidate as the non-refundable application fee.
- Skills verification proof, including the signature of Physician Medical Director, should be submitted by the candidate.
- The candidate is also required to maintain a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
Online Renewal of EMT Certificate
A candidate must possess the following to renew their EMT license online:
- A valid driving license
- Contact information
- Electronic check, Visa or Master Card to pay the fees
- Printer to print the license
If you have all these, then visit https://sendss.state.ga.us/sendss/!ems_ims_online.welcome. Login by providing your license number, date of birth and last 4 digits of SSN.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!