EMT Program in Kansas
EMT program in Kansas instructs students about providing quick services to patients in cases of emergency. EMT program is a stepping stone to the career of an Emergency Medical Technician. A student, who undergoes program from state-approved centers, is expected to be skillful at handling emergencies effectively. The program in this state is recognized under Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services. There are also certain pre-requisites, which a student need to follow before applying for an EMT program in Kansas.
- The student must be aged at least 18 years or more in order to take EMT program in Kansas.
- In Kansas, a student must have his/her own valid driving license.
- Throughout the whole program, aspirants are required to maintain a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
- A tenth grade level or high school certificate is a mandatory requirement for students in Kansas.
- He/she may also be asked to provide the COMPASS or ACCUPLACER test scores to evaluate your English fluency and mathematical skills.
- Measles, mumps, hepatitis B, diphtheria, rubella, chickenpox, pertussis, and tetanus are some of the diseases, of which, you have to provide proof of vaccination.
- A test of tuberculosis, chest X-ray, and a flu shot, carried out within the past one year, should also be submitted by the student.
- A drug test of the student and a check on his/her criminal background are also significant requisites.
These are the levels of EMT program in Kansas:
- Emergency Medical Responder – EMR
- Emergency Medical Technician – EMT
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician – AEMT
The basic coursework of EMT program in Kansas is as follows:
- Vital signs
- Moving and lifting patients
- Anatomy and physiology
- EMS systems
- Emergency cases of respiratory, cardiac, poison/overdose and diabetic
- Bleeding and shock management
- Environmental, obstetrics and gynaecological emergencies
- Infants & children
- Injuries of spine, neck, chest, abdomen, and head
- Soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries
- Patient assessment, patient history, and communication
- Airway management
- Medical, legal and ethical issues – EMS
- Old-aged patients
- Care of multiple patients at catastrophic sites
Duration and Fees
EMT program programs in Kansas get complete in approximately 8-10 weeks while a paramedic program will take around 2 years to complete.
The cost of a basic EMT program in Kansas ranges between $2,000 and $4,000, and the fee structure of paramedic programs are between $1,000 and $10,000.
State-Approved EMT Program Centers
- Allen Community College
Address: 1801 North Cottonwood, Iola, Kansas- 66749
Contact Number: 620-365-5116
Official Website: http://www.allencc.edu/
- Barton County Community College
Address: 245 Northeast 30 Road, Great Bend, Kansas- 67530
Contact Number: 800-748-7594, 620-792-2701
Official Website: http://www.bartonccc.edu/
- Cloud County Community College
Address: 2221 Campus Drive, Concordia, Kansas- 66901
Contact Number: 800-729-5101
Official Website: http://www.cloud.edu/
- Cowley County Community College
Address: 125 South 2nd Street, P.O. Box- 1147, Arkansas City, Kansas- 67005
Contact Number: 620-442-0430
Official Website: http://www.cowley.edu/
- Fort Scott Community College
Address: 2108 South Horton Fort Scott, Kansas- 66701
Contact Number: 1-800-874-3722
Official Website: http://www.fortscott.edu/
- Highland Community College
Address: 606 West Main Highland, Kansas- 66035
Contact Number: 785-442-6000
Official Website: http://highlandcc.edu/
- Hutchinson Community College
Address: 1300 North Plum, Hutchinson, Kansas- 67501
Contact Number: (620) 665-3500
Official Website: http://www.hutchcc.edu/
- Johnson County Community College
Address: 12345 College Boulevard, Overland Park, Kansas- 66210-1299
Contact Number: 913-469-8500
Official Website: http://www.jccc.edu/
- Kansas City Kansas Community College
Address: 7250 State Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas- 66112
Contact Number: 913-334-1100
Official Website: http://www.kckcc.edu/
- Neosho County Community College
Address: 800 West 14th Street, Chanute, Kansas- 66720
Contact Number: 620-431-2820
Official Website: http://www.neosho.edu/
- Coffeyville Community College
Address: 400 West 11th Street, Coffeyville, Kansas- 67337
Contact Number: (620) 251-7700
Official Website: http://www.coffeyville.edu/
- Flint Hills Technical College
Address: 3301 West 18th Avenue, Emporia, Kansas- 66801
Contact Number: 620-343-4600
Official Website: https://www.fhtc.edu/
- Garden City Community College
Address: 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, Kansas- 67846
Contact Number: 620-276-7611
Official Website: http://www.gcccks.edu/
- Independence Community College
Address: 1057 West College Avenue, Independence, Kansas- 67301
Contact Number: 620-331-4100, 800-842-6063
Official Website: http://www.indycc.edu/
Please contact at the below mentioned address if you require further information on EMT program in Kansas.
Kansas Board of EMS
Landon State Office Building
900 Southwest Jackson Room- 1031,
Topeka, Kansas- 66612
Contact Number: (785) 296-7296
You should know –