EMT Program in Arkansas
EMT program in Arkansas teaches students how to deal with patients in emergencies while providing life-support services to them. There are various colleges and technical institutions in Arkansas, which provide EMT program to the students. EMT program in Arkansas consists of three main levels, EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate as well as EMT-Paramedic.
- The student must be of 18 years old.
- The student must possess a driving license.
- The student must have passed a 10th grade or high school.
- He/she should possess a current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
- He/she should be free from any criminal background.
- He/she needs to provide a drug-checkup.
- The students need to provide their immunization proofs for diseases, such as mumps, measles, diphtheria, tetanus, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis B, as well as pertussis.
- The students must provide a negative report of Tuberculosis, a Chest X-ray and a flu shot, within last one year.
Given below is the list of coursework, which a student studies in EMT program programs:
- The human body
- Medical, legal and ethical issues of EMS
- Basic about EMT (Pharmacology)
- Ways to properly move and lift patients
- Respiratory, cardiac, pediatric, poison, allergy and diabetic emergencies
- Bleeding and shock management
- Environmental and behavioural emergencies
- Patient assessment, patient history, documentation and communication
- Epinephrine auto-injector
- Airway management
- Obstetrics and gynaecological emergencies
- Injuries in head, neck, spine, chest, abdomen, musculoskeletal and soft tissues
- Vital signs
However, you will not study the whole curriculum in one go. You will complete this coursework at different program levels.
Duration and Fees
The in-state fees of EMT program in Arkansas may range from $2000-$7000, and it may vary according to the colleges. A basic EMT program in Arkansas gets completed approximately between 2-6 months.
State-Approved EMT Program Centers
- Arkansas State University
Address: 1000, Iowa Street, P.O. Box- 1000, Beebe, Arkansas- 72012-1000
Contact Number: (501) 882-3600
Fax: (501) 882-8970
- Arkansas Tech University
Address: Russellville, Arkansas- 72801
Contact Number: (479) 968-0389
- Black River Technical College
Address: 1410 Highway, 304 East, Pocahontas, Arkansas- 72455
Contact Number: 870-248-4000
Official Website: http://www.blackrivertech.org/
- National Park Community College
Address: 101, College Drive, Hot Springs, Arkansas- 71913
Contact Number: (501) 760-4222
- North Arkansas College
Address: 1515, Pioneer Drive, Harrison, Arkansas- 72601
Contact Number: (870) 743-3000
Fax: (870) 391-3250
- Northwest Arkansas Community College
Address: One College Drive, Bentonville, Arkansas
Contact Number: (479) 636-9222, (800) 995-6922
- Phillips Community College of University of Arkansas
Address: P.O. Box- 785, Helena, Arkansas- 72342
Contact Number: 870-338-6474
- University of Arkansas at Monticello
Address: 346 University Drive, Monticello, Arkansas- 71656
Contact Number: 870-460-1026
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Address: 4301, West Markham, Little Rock, Arkansas- 72205
Contact Number: 501-686-7000
- University of Arkansas Community College at Hope
Address: 2500, South Main, Hope, Arkansas- 71802
Contact Number: 1-870-777-5722
- Arkansas Northeastern College
Address: 2501, South Division Street, Blytheville, Arkansas- 72315
Contact Number: 870-762-1020
Official Website: http://www.anc.edu/
- Arkansas State University
Address: 5504, Krueger Drive, Jonesboro, Arkansas- 72401
Contact Number: 870-932-2176
- South Arkansas Community College
Address: 300, South West Avenue, El Dorado, Arkansas- 71730
Contact Number: 870-862-8131
- Southeast Arkansas College
Address: 1900, Hazel Street, Pine Bluff, Arkansas- 71603
Contact Number: 870-543-5900
- University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville
Address: P.O. Box- 3350, Batesville, Arkansas- 72503
Contact Number: 870-612-2000
For any other queries on EMT program in Arkansas, please contact:
Arkansas Department of Health
4815, West Markham Street,
Little Rock, Arkansas- 72205
Contact Number: 501-661-2262