EMT Program in New Hampshire
A candidate, who desires to provide services willingly for the welfare of people, has to go through an EMT-Basics program course. EMT program in New Hampshire attuned the students with pre-hospital emergency medical care skills. On the successful completion of an EMT program, a student becomes eligible for appearing for NREMT-B examinations. He/ she also become eligible to apply for state licensure.
In New Hampshire, the NREMT exam is conducted by a private testing company, which organizes test within a computer-based program.
The requirements for an EMT to avail program differ from state to state. The students, in New Hampshire, are required to fulfill the following requirements:
- The students have to show a proof of GED or high school diploma.
- The students must have completed an age of 18.
- Aspirants must be physically fit to undergo EMT program.
- They must carry a valid driving license.
- They must also carry an authenticated CPR certification.
- Students are also required to go through a drug test.
- The reports of the test are to be submitted for background criminal check.
- The students should be able to read at a 10th grade level.
- Aspirants are also required to submit proof of placement scores.
- The students have to present a proof of vaccinations of diseases, like mumps, measles, and hepatitis B.
The EMT program in New Hampshire prepares a student or a candidate to respond against various medical and safety emergencies. The candidate, aspiring to become a skilled EMT in the state of New Hampshire, has to undergo various program levels and acquire four different EMT licenses, which are as follows:
- First Responder
- EMT-B (Emergency Medical Technician-Basic): To acquire the license of EMT-B in the state of New Hampshire, one has to undergo program in different fields, like CPR, skills testing, skills verification, all that helps in moving forward to the next program levels.
- EMT-I (Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate): Under EMT-I program, a candidate learns about the advanced level of program methods in order to become a trained EMT.
- EMT-P (Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic)
Program Course Content
A student, who has completed EMT program, is believed to have knowledge of the following health and emergency issues:
- EMT-Basic pharmacology
- Shock management
- Bleeding control techniques
- Airway management
- Trauma patient assessment
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cardiac emergency
- Respiratory emergency
- Handling infants, adolescents, and old patients, etc.
Program Cost and Duration
To avail program, a candidate has to enrol himself in a program center or school. For this, candidates are required to evaluate duration and cost of program courses in different program centres. The duration and cost of program courses in New Hampshire is as follows:
- EMT-Basics: Fundamentally, to complete EMT-Basic program and become eligible to acquire EMT-B license, candidates have to avail 10 observational hours and 110 educational hours. They are also required to pass written and practical examinations.
- EMT-Intermediate: To qualify EMT-Intermediate level, aspirant has to undergo almost 200-300 hours of clinical as well as classroom program.
- EMT-Paramedic: The duration of EMT-Paramedic program includes total of 1000 hours of instructions.
The cost of program ranges from $33,770 to $45,000.
State Approved EMT Program Centres
Students, who are looking to pursue EMT program in New Hampshire, have various options to select program centers. It is mandatory for all the program schools to provide program under authorization of one of the three New Hampshire Bureaus of Emergency Medical Services. The list of various program schools is:
- Dartmouth College
Address: Hanover, New Hampshire- 03755
Contact Number: 603-646-1110
- NHTI- Concord’s Community College
Address: 31, College Drive, Concord, New Hampshire- 03301
Contact Number: (603) 271-6484 / (800) 247-0179
- Keene State College
Address: 229, Main Street, Keene, New Hampshire- 03435
Contact Number: 603-358-2276
- Saint Anselm College
Address: 100, Saint Anselm Drive, Manchester, New Hampshire- 03102
Contact Number: (603) 641-7000
Official Website: http://www.anselm.edu/
- Plymouth State University
Address: 17, High Street, Plymouth, New Hampshire- 03264-1595
Contact Number: 603-535-5000
You should know –