EMT Program in Arkansas
EMT program in Arkansas teaches students how to deal with patients in emergencies while providing life-support services to them. There are various colleges and technical institutions in Arkansas, which provide EMT program to the students. EMT program in Arkansas consists of three main levels, EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate as well as EMT-Paramedic.
- The student must be of 18 years old.
- The student must possess a driving license.
- The student must have passed a 10th grade or high school.
- He/she should possess a current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
- He/she should be free from any criminal background.
- He/she needs to provide a drug-checkup.
- The student need to provide their immunization proofs for diseases, such as mumps, measles, diphtheria, tetanus, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis B, as well as pertussis.
- The students must provide a negative report of Tuberculosis, a Chest X-ray and a flu shot, within last one year.
Given below is the list of coursework, which a student studies in EMT program programs:
- The human body
- Medical, legal and ethical issues of EMS
- Basic about EMT (Pharmacology)
- Ways to properly move and lift patients
- Respiratory, cardiac, pediatric, poison, allergy and diabetic emergencies
- Bleeding and shock management
- Environmental and behavioural emergencies
- Patient assessment, patient history, documentation and communication
- Epinephrine auto-injector
- Airway management
- Obstetrics and gynaecological emergencies
- Injuries in head, neck, spine, chest, abdomen, musculoskeletal and soft tissues
- Vital signs
However, you will not study the whole curriculum in one go. You will complete this coursework at different program levels.
Duration and Fees
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
The in-state fees of EMT program in Arkansas may range from $2000-$7000, and it may vary according to the colleges. A basic EMT program in Arkansas gets completed approximately between 2-6 months.
State-Approved EMT Program Centers
- Arkansas State University
Address: 1000, Iowa Street, P.O. Box- 1000, Beebe, Arkansas- 72012-1000
Contact Number: (501) 882-3600
Fax: (501) 882-8970
- Arkansas Tech University
Address: Russellville, Arkansas- 72801
Contact Number: (479) 968-0389
- Black River Technical College
Address: 1410 Highway, 304 East, Pocahontas, Arkansas- 72455
Contact Number: 870-248-4000
Official Website: http://www.blackrivertech.org/
- National Park Community College
Address: 101, College Drive, Hot Springs, Arkansas- 71913
Contact Number: (501) 760-4222
- North Arkansas College
Address: 1515, Pioneer Drive, Harrison, Arkansas- 72601
Contact Number: (870) 743-3000
Fax: (870) 391-3250
- Northwest Arkansas Community College
Address: One College Drive, Bentonville, Arkansas
Contact Number: (479) 636-9222, (800) 995-6922
- Phillips Community College of University of Arkansas
Address: P.O. Box- 785, Helena, Arkansas- 72342
Contact Number: 870-338-6474
- University of Arkansas at Monticello
Address: 346 University Drive, Monticello, Arkansas- 71656
Contact Number: 870-460-1026
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Address: 4301, West Markham, Little Rock, Arkansas- 72205
Contact Number: 501-686-7000
- University of Arkansas Community College at Hope
Address: 2500, South Main, Hope, Arkansas- 71802
Contact Number: 1-870-777-5722
- Arkansas Northeastern College
Address: 2501, South Division Street, Blytheville, Arkansas- 72315
Contact Number: 870-762-1020
Official Website: http://www.anc.edu/
- Arkansas State University
Address: 5504, Krueger Drive, Jonesboro, Arkansas- 72401
Contact Number: 870-932-2176
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
- South Arkansas Community College
Address: 300, South West Avenue, El Dorado, Arkansas- 71730
Contact Number: 870-862-8131
- Southeast Arkansas College
Address: 1900, Hazel Street, Pine Bluff, Arkansas- 71603
Contact Number: 870-543-5900
- University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville
Address: P.O. Box- 3350, Batesville, Arkansas- 72503
Contact Number: 870-612-2000
For any other queries on EMT program in Arkansas, please contact:
Arkansas Department of Health
4815, West Markham Street,
Little Rock, Arkansas- 72205
Contact Number: 501-661-2262