EMT Salary in Arkansas
The EMTs, working in Arkansas, receive different salary as compared to other states in the United States. The main reason behind the difference in salary or compensation is the standard of living, which is quite lower in Arkansas as compared to other states in the country. The EMT prospects have various options to provide their services.
It is compulsory for all the EMTs to undergo a state accredited program curriculum. The program curriculum helps them to develop both basic and advance pre-hospital care services. After completing the curriculum, they become eligible to practice services in different locations. They can render their services for ambulatory service, technical rescue teams, government or private hospitals, etc.
How much does an EMT make per year?
In the state of Arkansas, the EMTs receive pretty good salaries. The EMTs are paid on hourly, monthly, as well as annual basis. As per the Data generated in May 2017 by the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics), the mean annual salary of EMTs is $ 29,850. The mean hourly wage is around $14.35.
According to the indeed.com survey of May 2018, EMTs earn an average salary of around $ 30,020.
The salary at different percentile scales is calculated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics OES, which is as follows:
Average Annual Salary
Average Hourly Salary
10th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
90th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Locations
In Arkansas, geographical location is one of the main basis for providing salaries to the EMTs. According to the www1.salary.com April 2018 report, the EMTs located in different regions or cities get different salaries. The table, mentioned below, provides detailed information about the average annual, monthly, and hourly salary of these professionals in the state of Arkansas.
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
If you go through the table, you will see that the median annual salary ranges between $29,989 and $32,595. The median hourly salary ranges around $2,896 . The median hourly salary revolves around $17. In Jonesboro, the median hourly salary is $17. The highest paying city in Arkansas is Jonesboro, and the lowest paying city is Fort Smith.
Salary of Similar Job titles
If you are currently working as an EMT, you have options to excel and improve your designation by undergoing advance program. This way, you can also enjoy a salary hike. The professionals with similar job titles receive different salaries. The details are mentioned below:
- EMT Security Officer: $28,000
- Emergency Department Technician: $33,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $32,000
- Fire-fighter EMT: 42,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $65,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $54,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $41,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $31,000
- EMT Dispatcher:19,000
The employers always provide extra benefits, other than salary, to the EMTs in order to retain them. These benefits include:
- Sick leaves for a specific number of days, which EMTs can avail at any point, throughout the year.
- EMTs are also benefitted with life insurance.
- They can also access to credit union and take advantages of deferred compensation program.
- Retirement plan for 25 years.
- A vacation of 21 days in a year.
- Assistance to the EMTs and their families by providing them health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employers take the responsibility to pay the fees of continuing education and program of the EMTs, working for them.
With the growth of the population, the demand of EMTs has also increased. It is estimated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics that by 2020, the percentage of demand for Emergency Medical Technicians will elevate by 33%. With this, a bright and secured future can be expected in this sector.
You should know –
EMT/EMS Licence in Arkansas
EMT Training Schools in Arkansas