EMT Program in Minnesota
Students must apply at a state-approved program center for pursuing EMT program in Minnesota. It will prepare students with the basic life-support skills, as well as the medical techniques that are needed to take care of the patients in emergency cases. Students of EMT program in Minnesota are certified under Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Board.
- EMT aspirants must be 18 years old or more.
- Students must provide their high school certificate or GED proof in order to become eligible for EMT program.
- A valid driving license is compulsory to be owned by the students.
- Throughout the program, it is obligatory to maintain a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
- Some colleges or program schools in Minnesota may ask for the marks of COMPASS or ACCUPLACER tests, given by the students. These examine the student’s fluency in English and mathematics.
- Aspirants must submit their vaccination proofs of measles, diphtheria, mumps, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, chickenpox and rubella.
- The negative reports of TB test; flu shot along with a chest X-ray that has been done in the last 12 months is also needed by the candidates.
- It is also mandatory to provide drug examination report along with a check on the criminal status.
Minnesota offers three main levels of EMT program for the students, which are as follows:
This is the basic level of EMT program, which imparts knowledge to students about various techniques of air management and oxygen delivery, emergency childbirth, legal & ethical rules of EMS, controlling bleeding, basics of the human body, various medical emergencies & traumas, and moving & lifting patients. Then, they are entitled to complete clinical program with an ambulance facility or at a local hospital.
This level of program includes subject areas, such as emergency childbirth, epinephrine auto-injector, and ways to handle cardiac, respiratory and diabetic emergencies, injuries of head, neck and spine, advanced ways of airway management & oxygen therapy. They also learn enhanced techniques of handling trauma, epinephrine auto-injector, obstetrical & gynaecological emergencies.
On the completion of classroom program, trainees undergo clinical internships at the nearby hospitals or with an ambulance service.
Paramedic specialists learn more advanced techniques of treating pediatric emergencies, cardiovascular emergencies, cardiac life support, patients of medical emergencies and traumas. They also learn advanced skills to handle patients while they are being transported to the hospital, as well as in life-threatening situations.
At the end of their program, students need to complete a few hours of practical program in order to become completely skilled at their job.
Duration and Fees
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Around three months are required to complete an EMT-basic program in Minnesota while a paramedic program will take about 2 years to complete.
The approximate fee structure of EMT program program in Minnesota is around $4,000 to $5,000 while the exact figure may differ, depending upon the college.
State-Approved EMT Program Centers
- Anoka Technical College
Address: 1355 West Highway 10, Anoka, Minnesota- 55303
Contact Number: (763) 433-1100
Official Website: http://www.anokatech.edu/
- Century College
Address: 3300 Century Avenue North, White Bear Lake, Minnesota- 55110
Contact Number: 651-779-3300, 800-228-1978
Official Website: http://www.century.edu/
- Hennepin Technical College
Address: 9000 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota- 55445
Contact Number: 952-995-1300
Official Website: https://www.hennepintech.edu/
- Inver Hills Community College
Address: 2500 East 80th Street, Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota- 55076
Contact Number: 651-450-3000
Official Website: http://www.inverhills.edu/
- Mesabi Range Community & Technical College
Address: 1001 Chestnut Street West, Virginia, Minnesota- 55792
Contact Number: 218-741-3095
Official Website: http://www.mesabirange.edu/
- Northland Community & Technical College
Address: 1101 Highway One East, Thief River Falls, Minnesota- 56701
Contact Number: 218-683-8800
Official Website: http://www.northlandcollege.edu/index.php
- Ridgewater College
Address: 2101 15th Avenue Northwest, Willmar, Minnesota- 56201
Contact Number: (320) 222-5200
Official Website: https://www.ridgewater.edu
- Rochester Community and Technical College
Address: 851 30th Avenue Southeast, Rochester, Minnesota- 55904-4999
Contact Number: (507) 285-7210
Official Website: http://www.rctc.edu/
- South Central College
Address: 1920 Lee Boulevard, North Mankato, Minnesota- 56003
Contact Number: 507-389-7200
Official Website: http://southcentral.edu/
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College
Address: 1540 Northway Drive, St. Cloud, Minnesota- 56303
Contact Number: 320-308-5000, 1-800-222-1009
Official Website: http://www.sctcc.edu/
- Central Lakes College
Address: 501 West College Drive, Brainerd, Minnesota- 56401
Contact Number: (218) 855-8000
Official Website: http://www.clcmn.edu/
- Northwest Technical College
Address: 905 Grant Avenue Southeast, Bemidji, Minnesota- 56601-4907
Contact Number: 218-333-6600
Official Website: http://www.ntcmn.edu/
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
If you need any other information regarding EMT program in Minnesota, you can contact:
MN EMS Regulatory Board
2829 University Avenue Southeast, Suite- 310
Minneapolis, Minnesota- 55414-3222
Contact Number: (612) 627-6000