EMT Training in Nevada
EMT Training in Nevada helps a person to become skilled Emergency Medical Technician, who is liable for performing duties related to safety, health, and welfare of people. To become a licensed EMT in Nevada, a person needs to undergo several stages, including enrolment, training, examinations, and certification. The state of Nevada has made several efforts to provide effective training to the EMT aspirants.
With the help of this training, a person becomes eligible for acquiring EMT license. The training provided in Nevada includes EMT-Basic courses as well as EMT-Intermediate courses. These two level training equips an aspirant with basic life supporting methods to be used during an emergency.
The EMT aspirants become eligible to take the NREMT examinations by undergoing proper EMT basics and intermediate level training. After completion of the training, the students can also apply for the state license.
Essential Requirements for Enrolling in EMT Training
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Find A School
To get enrolled in training courses, a student is required to meet various prerequisites. The state of Nevada has laid down certain criteria for EMT entrants to be a part of training. These essential requirements are mentioned below:
- In Nevada, EMT student should be of 18 years or above.
- The applicant must have certificate of GED or high school diploma.
- The candidate must have an authorized driving license.
- Aspirant needs to have CPR certification.
- The applicants must possess good communication skills.
- The candidate should be capable to read at a 10th grade level.
- Aspirants can be asked to provide a proof of placement results.
- An aspirant has to provide an evidence of following immunization:
- Hepatitis B
- Rubella vaccination
- The candidate also needs to undergo Tdap vaccination to protect him/her from chickenpox, diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus.
- The candidate should be fit both mentally and physically.
- The applicant must undergo a drug test.
- He/she has to submit the details for the criminal background check.
To become eligible for acquiring EMT license, students have to take proper training of required hours of coursework, which includes several basic and advanced life supporting activities. As soon as the training gets over, students become well-trained to understand patient’s injury and quickly assess the requirements under emergency medical care.
In Nevada, students are provided training at two levels.
EMT-Basic Level Training- This level of training equips aspirants with basic emergency skills. A student gains knowledge of several emergency techniques, like:
- Oxygen therapy management
- Airway management at the basic level
- Fracture management
- Spinal immobilization
- Skills of assessing patients
- Other basic emergency medical care
EMT-Intermediate Level Training: Under this training level, a student becomes aware of advanced level services. The student understands various techniques mentioned below:
- Manage critically injured patients
- Fluid replacement methods
- Limited medication therapy
- Secured or advanced airway management
Fees and Duration of EMT Training
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
How long does it take to complete EMT training in Nevada? The duration and cost of training courses varies with the levels and type of college, students opt for.
EMT-Basic Training: Students should not miss more than 16 hours of basic level training.
EMT-Intermediate Training: Students pursuing intermediate training should not miss more than 8 hours learning.
In both the training levels, students need to attend lab and clinical sessions, besides classroom lectures.
The approximate cost of EMT programs in Nevada is $2,500. However, the out-of-state students may have to spend nearly $9,000.
State Approved EMT Training Centres
Students of Nevada, who want to pursue EMT training, should search for state approved training centres. These training centres provide authenticated training to students, who aspire to make their career in Emergency Medical Services. The list of authorized training centres is as follows:
- American Medical Response
Address: 7201, West Post Road, Las Vegas, Nevada- 89113
Contact Number: (702) 671-6900
Fax: (702) 386-2683
Official Website: http://www.amr.net/
- College of Southern Nevada
Address: 6375, West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada- 89146
Contact Number: (702) 651-5000
- EMS Training Centre of Southern Nevada
Address: 3310, Sunrise Avenue, Suite- 102, Las Vegas, Nevada- 89101
Contact Number: (702) 651-9111
Fax: (702) 361-2000
- Las Vegas Academy for Pre-hospital Emergency Care (LVAPEC)
Address: 5825, West Sahara Avenue, Suite- G, Las Vegas, Nevada- 89146
Contact Number: (702) 998-4150
- JTM Training Group
Address: Building- 10099, Area-2, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada- 89191
Contact number: (888) 374-7808
Fax: (702) 545-0501
Official Website: http://www.jtmlasvegas.com/
- MedicWest Ambulance – Health Science Centre
Address: 9, West Delhi, North Las Vegas, Nevada- 89032
Contact Number: (702) 650-9900
Fax: (702) 650-3330
- American Red Cross- Southern Nevada Chapter
Address: 1771, East Flamingo Road, Suite- 206 B, Las Vegas, Nevada- 89119
Contact Number: (702) 791-3311
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!