EMT Salary in Nevada
EMT salary in Nevada is determined through various factors, such as geographic location, experience, the nature of the job, as well as the population of a particular region in the state. Here, you can see the average annual, monthly and hourly salary that an Emergency Medical Technician can earn in the state of Nevada.
How Much Income an EMT Earns Every Year?
Like other states, the salary of EMTs in Nevada is also calculated by various departments and bureaus, such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). After a survey done in May 2012, the BLS provided the average annual and hourly salary of an Emergency Medical Technician, which is as follows:
- Average Annual Salary: $36,140
- Average Hourly Salary: $17.38
As per the information on indeed.com, the average income of an EMT in this state is $29,000.
In the below given table, the average EMT salary data of these professionals is mentioned according to various percentiles. The data is gathered by the BLS of the United States.
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
|10th Percentile Bracket|
|25th Percentile Bracket|
|50th Percentile Bracket|
|75th Percentile Bracket|
|90th Percentile Bracket|
Salary as per Geographical Location
As an EMT, if you will work in different cities of Nevada, you will find that the salary offered to you is different in each city. However, there is not much fluctuation in the income of these professionals in Nevada. The following table will clarify you the annual, monthly and hourly salary of the Emergency Medical Technicians in this state.
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
|North Las Vegas|
The minimum and maximum annual median salary offered by the city of Nevada is $30,776 and $31,623, respectively. The monthly median salary ranges between $2,565 and $2,635. The hourly median income in Nevada is same in all the cities, i.e. $15. The cities, which offer the highest salary, are Reno, Sparks, Sun Valley and Carson City, while Henderson, Las Vegas and North Las Vegas are the lowest paying cities of Nevada.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
Apart from working as an Emergency Medical Technician, the qualified professionals can also move further in the field of emergency medical services and assume other titles. The salary of the professionals with related job titles is as follows:
- EMT Dispatcher: $16,000
- Fire-fighter EMT: $37,000
- EMT Security Officer: $24,000
- EMT Paramedic: $35,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $47,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $36,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist Ral: $57,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $28,000
- EMT B: $16,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $27,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $31,000
Besides a certain amount of salary, following are the advantages/benefits, which the Emergency Medical Technicians get:
- The EMT, as well as his/her family, gets the benefit of health, vision and dental insurance.
- 21 days sick leaves in a year
- 21 days vacation in a year
- An active EMT is also entitled to get Life Insurance coverage.
- The Emergency Medical Technicians also receive other benefits of Deferred Compensation Program, like Employee Stock Option.
- Sometimes, the cost of program and continuing education is paid by the employer.
The job prospects for an Emergency Medical Technician in Nevada are likely to increase in the future. The various settings where these professionals can render their services are- hospitals, ambulance services, rescue operations, clinics, etc. By the year 2020, 33% growth in the employment opportunities for EMTs in anticipated by the BLS.