EMT Training in New Hampshire
A candidate, who desires to provide services willingly for the welfare of people, has to go through an EMT-Basics training course. EMT training in New Hampshire attuned the students with pre-hospital emergency medical care skills. On the successful completion of an EMT training program, a student becomes eligible for appearing for NREMT-B examinations. He/ she also become eligible to apply for state licensure.
In New Hampshire, the NREMT exam is conducted by a private testing company, which organizes test within a computer based program.
The requirements for an EMT to avail training differ from state to state. The students, in New Hampshire, are required to fulfil the following requirements:
- The students have to show a proof of GED or high school diploma.
- The students must have completed an age of 18.
- Aspirants must be physically fit to undergo EMT training.
- They must carry a valid driving license.
- They must also carry an authenticated CPR certification.
- Students are also required to go through a drug test.
- The reports of the test are to be submitted for background criminal check.
- The students should be able to read at a 10th grade level.
- Aspirants are also required to submit proof of placement scores.
- The students have to present a proof of vaccinations of diseases, like mumps, measles, and hepatitis B.
The EMT training in New Hampshire prepares a student or a candidate to respond against various medical and safety emergencies. The candidate, aspiring to become a skilled EMT in the state of New Hampshire, has to undergo various training levels and acquire four different EMT licenses, which are as follows:
- First Responder
- EMT-B (Emergency Medical Technician-Basic): To acquire the license of EMT-B in the state of New Hampshire, one has to undergo training in different fields, like CPR, skills testing, skills verification, all that helps in moving forward to the next training levels.
- EMT-I (Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate): Under EMT-I training, a candidate learns about the advanced level of training methods in order to become a trained EMT.
- EMT-P (Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic)
Training Course Content
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
A student, who has completed EMT training, is believed to have knowledge of the following health and emergency issues:
- EMT-Basic pharmacology
- Shock management
- Bleeding control techniques
- Airway management
- Trauma patient assessment
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cardiac emergency
- Respiratory emergency
- Handling infants, adolescents, and old patients, etc.
Training Cost and Duration
To avail training, a candidate has to enrol himself in a training center or school. For this, candidates are required to evaluate duration and cost of training courses in different training centres. The duration and cost of training courses in New Hampshire is as follows:
- EMT-Basics: Fundamentally, to complete EMT-Basic training and become eligible to acquire EMT-B license, candidates have to avail 10 observational hours and 110 educational hours. They are also required to pass written and practical examinations.
- EMT-Intermediate: To qualify EMT-Intermediate level, aspirant has to undergo almost 200-300 hours of clinical as well as classroom training.
- EMT-Paramedic: The duration of EMT-Paramedic training includes total of 1000 hours of instructions.
The cost of training ranges from $33,770 to $45,000.
State Approved EMT Training Centres
Students, who are looking to pursue EMT training in New Hampshire, have various options to select training centers. It is mandatory for all the training schools to provide training under authorization of one of the three New Hampshire Bureaus of Emergency Medical Services. The list of various training schools is:
- Dartmouth College
Address: Hanover, New Hampshire- 03755
Contact Number: 603-646-1110
- NHTI- Concord’s Community College
Address: 31, College Drive, Concord, New Hampshire- 03301
Contact Number: (603) 271-6484 / (800) 247-0179
- Keene State College
Address: 229, Main Street, Keene, New Hampshire- 03435
Contact Number: 603-358-2276
- Saint Anselm College
Address: 100, Saint Anselm Drive, Manchester, New Hampshire- 03102
Contact Number: (603) 641-7000
Official Website: http://www.anselm.edu/
- Plymouth State University
Address: 17, High Street, Plymouth, New Hampshire- 03264-1595
Contact Number: 603-535-5000
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!