EMT Salary in New Hampshire
EMT salary in New Hampshire may differ according to the geographic location, industry-type, population, level of certification, etc. One of the most trusted agencies, i.e. the Bureau of Labor Statistics, has calculated the salary of an Emergency Medical Technician on the monthly, annual and hourly basis. This article will provide you the information about the salary of EMTs in all the cities of New Hampshire.
How Much does an EMT earn Each Year in NH?
The salary of these professionals is calculated by many departments and bureaus. In the United States, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor calculates and provides the salary data of Emergency Medical Technicians of all the US states. As per the survey done by the BLS in May 2017, the average annual and hourly pay of an EMT in New Hampshire is as follows:
- Average annual salary: $37,080
- Average hourly salary: $17.83
According to indeed.com April 2018 report, the EMTs in New Hampshire make an average income of around $28,500 per annum.
The table provided below represents the average annual and hourly remuneration of an EMT according to various percentile scales. This data is collected by the BLS.
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
10th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
90th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
A lot of factors determine the earnings of an EMT in a particular city or region of New Hampshire. If you are working in this state, you are fortunate because, in this state, EMTs are offered salaries above the national average as per the Survey of April 2018. The table below provides an insight into the median annual, monthly & hourly salary of all the cities in New Hampshire:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
The minimum and maximum annual median salary of an Emergency Medical Technician in New Hampshire ranges from $35,516 to $37,931, while the monthly median salary varies from $2,960 to $3,160. The hourly median income lies between $17 and $18. The top paying city of New Hampshire is Merrimack, while the lowest paying cities are Rochester, Portsmouth, Dover, and Concord.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
EMTs of New Hampshire can also take up other jobs that are similar to that of Emergency Medical Technicians. Here is the salary of the similar job titles:
- EMT P: $46,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $55,000
- EMT Security Officer: $28,000
- Circulating RN Surgical: $84,000
- Firefighter EMT: $43,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $42,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist Ral: $67,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $32,000
- Commercial Electrician Helper: $25,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $37,000
Besides getting a salary, there are certain other advantages, which an EMT can get. Some of them are:
- EMTs and their families are entitled to get the benefit of health, dental and vision insurance.
- 21 days of casual leave in one year.
- 21 days of sick leave in one year.
- Active EMTs will also be entitled to Life Insurance coverage.
- Mostly, the employers bear the cost of the EMT program and continuing education of their employers.
- Advantages of the Deferred Compensation Program can also be availed by the employer.
By 2020, the expected increment in the job prospects of Emergency Medical Technicians in New Hampshire is about 33%. EMTs can work in hospitals, private clinics, ambulance operations, rescue squads, etc. They can also work as paramedics, EMT instructors, as well as field program officers, in the future.