EMT Salary in Iowa
How much salary is paid to the EMTs in the state of Iowa? The prospective EMTs, who really want to know this, have to go through the details of the salary statistics provided in the article. Basically, the average annual salary is somewhat similar to the other states. In Iowa also, there are several factors, which affects the salary. Some of the factors considered are- nature of the job, geographical areas, number of hours service provided, employer, etc.
How Much Does an EMT Earn in a Year?
In Iowa, there are bright opportunities for the EMTs. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 2017 report, the salaries of these professionals are:
- Average annual salary: $34,530
- Average hourly salary: $16.60
Similarly, the average EMT salary as per indeed.com May 2018 report is around $30,400 annually.
According to the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) of the United States, May 2017 Data, the following table provides the EMT salary at different percentile scales.
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
|10th Percentile Wage|
|25th Percentile Wage|
|50th Percentile Wage|
|75th Percentile Wage|
|90th Percentile Wage|
Salary as Geographical Areas
To know the details of average annual, monthly, and hourly salaries of the Emergency Medical Technicians in different cities of Iowa, read the table provided below from the survey of April 2018:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
|West Des Moines|
The above table states that the average annual pay received by an EMT lies between $28,985 to $33,677. The average monthly salary is between $2,415 and $2,806. The average hourly salary lies between $15 and $17. After going through the table, it can be concluded that the lowest paying city is Sioux City, and the highest paying cities are- Des Moines, Ankeny, West Des Moines, and Ankeny.
Salary According to Education
The level of EMT at which you are certified greatly impacts your salary. Here are the details of salary that these professionals can earn at different levels:
- EMT-Basic- $20,000 to $50,000
- EMT-Intermediate- $19,000 to $39,000
- EMT-Paramedic– $19,000 to $55,000
Salary of Related Job Titles
Here is the list of average salaries of professionals with similar titles:
- Commercial Electrician Helper: $25,000
- Security EMT Officer: $27,000
- EMT Paramedic: $41,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $41,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $54,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $36,000
- Circulating RN Surgical: $83,000
- Firefighter EMT: $42,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $65,000
Apart from the salary, extra benefits also help to increase the morale of the EMTs. Some of the benefits that these professionals can avail are:
- They are provided with health, vision, and dental insurance coverage for themselves and their families.
- Every year, they can avail three weeks of sick leaves.
- Similarly, the vacation of 21 days is provided to EMTs, which is to be utilized in a year.
- Benefits of Life Insurance.
- Fees of the program and continuing education.
- Benefits of deferred compensation programs, like employee stock option.
The EMTs in Iowa has a wide scope of practicing their skills. They can develop their skills and become Paramedics, Security EMT Officers, etc. The future prospects for these professionals are very good. The demand for EMTs will grow by 15% by 2026 according to the estimations of the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
You should know –