EMT Salary in Nebraska
EMT salary in Nebraska is disbursed on a monthly, annual and hourly basis. The geographical location, the population of a particular region, level of education, experience, etc. are some of the factors that play an important role in deciding the salary of an EMT in a state. The income of an Emergency Medical Technician also depends on whether the services are being provided on an hourly, yearly or monthly basis. Read on to know more about the salaries of these professionals in the state of Nebraska.
How Much Income does an EMT earn Every Year?
As per the information collected on the basis of a survey, conducted by the BLS in May 2017, the average annual salary of Emergency Medical Technicians in the state of Nebraska is $35,240, and the average hourly salary is $16.94.
According to indeed.com May 2018 report, the average EMT income in Nebraska is $32,420.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has also provided the average salary of an Emergency Medical Technician on the basis of percentiles. It is shown in the under given table:
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
|10th Percentile Wage|
|25th Percentile Wage|
|50th Percentile Wage|
|75th Percentile Wage|
|90th Percentile Wage|
Salary as per Geographical Location
EMT salary differs a lot in different states of the USA. Even in the different cities of the same state, the variations in the income of these medical professionals can be seen. The salary of Emergency Medical Technicians in all the cities of Nebraska is below the national average. The table given below from the Survey of April 2018 provides an insight into the EMT salary in different cities of Nebraska:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
The above table shows the least and the highest range of salary in Nebraska. The minimum median annual EMT salary is $28,709, and the maximum is $33,052 The median monthly salary fluctuates from $1,783 to $2,754. The hourly median salary of an EMT in Nebraska ranges between $14 and $16.
Bellevue and Omaha are the top-paying cities of Nebraska, while the least-paying city is North Platte.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
An Emergency Medical Technician can take up several other jobs in the sector of emergency medical care. Here is the list of various professions and their respective salary.
- Firefighter EMT: $33,000
- EMT Security Officer: $21,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $24,000
- EMT Paramedic: $31,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $32,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist Ral: $51,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $25,000
- EMT Dispatcher: $15,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $42,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $28,000
Apart from getting a salary, EMTs also get other benefits, like:
- Casual leave of 21 days (per year)
- Sick leave of 21 days (per year)
- EMT professionals and their families may be entitled to health, vision and dental insurance.
- Promotional opportunities, bonus and excellent over time.
- EMTs, who are actively engaged in a job, can also receive the advantages of Life Insurance.
- Advantages of the Deferred Compensation Program, like Employee Stock Option is also provided to the Emergency Medical Technicians.
- The entire expenses of the program, as well as continuing education, might be paid by the employer.
In the coming years, the prospective EMTs will see a tremendous growth in the job prospects in this field. This is due to constant rising population and increase in the number of incidences, like accidents and natural calamities. Emergency Medical Technicians can work in hospitals, ambulatory services, medical clinics, fire department, rescue squads, etc.