EMT Salary in New Mexico
In New Mexico, Emergency Medical Technicians are compensated on the basis of whether they are providing services hourly, monthly or yearly. Moreover, the salaries are also dispensed on the basis of the type of industry, geographic location, timings of the duty (night/day shift), education, experience, etc. These professionals also get opportunities to augment their income by working overtime.
In this article, you will get to know about the EMT salaries in different cities of New Mexico. You will also get details about other jobs that can be performed after pursuing the program of an Emergency Medical Technician.
How Much Income an EMT Earns Every Year?
As discussed above, the annual pay scale of Emergency Medical Technicians hinges on various aspects. Several agencies and bureaus of the United States have conducted various surveys to determine the income of EMTs. One such bureau is the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which conducted a survey in May 2012, and revealed that the average annual and hourly incomes of these professionals in the state of New Mexico are $34,740 and $16.10, respectively.
The mean salary of an EMT in this state, according to indeed.com, is $32,000.
The salary of an Emergency Medical Technician as per various percentile scales is provided below in the table format. This data is gathered by the BLS.
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
10th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
90th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
Unfortunately, the salary structure of the Emergency Medical Technician in all the cities of New Mexico is below the national average. This can be easily understood by the below given information.
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
It can be inferred from the above table that the lowest paying city is Roswell with a median annual salary of $18,070. The top paying cities are Albuquerque and Rio Rancho that offer $29,051 per annum. If you see at the median monthly salary, you will find that it ranges from $1,506 to $2,421. Similarly, the hourly income fluctuates from $9 to $14.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
It’s not that an EMT always has to work on the same position. He/she can also attain other job titles after gaining some experience and completing the required education. If you want to know how much money the professionals with similar job titles make, have a look at the following:
- Fire-fighter EMT: $39,000
- EMT Paramedic: $38,000
- Emergency Department Technician: $29,000
- EMT Security Officer: $25,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist Ral: $60,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $34,000
- Circulating RN Surgical: $76,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $38,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $29,000
- Commercial Electrician Helper: $23,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $49,000
Apart from salary, EMTs are also entitled to get certain allowances, bonus and other non-monetary perks. These are:
- 3 weeks casual leave (in a year)
- 21 days of sick leave (in a year)
- EMTs along with their families can receive the benefits of health, vision and dental insurance.
- Also, EMTs, who are active in providing emergency medical services in different medical settings, can get benefits of Life Insurance.
- Benefits of Deferred Compensation Program, like Employee Stock Option.
- Sometimes, your current employer pays the expenses of your continuing education and further program.
- Besides all these, several promotional opportunities come your way. You also get chances to earn overtime.
EMT jobs in New Mexico are likely to increase by 33% between 2010 and 2020. Emergency Medical Technicians can get employed at various places, like hospitals, private clinics, rescue squads, ambulance services, etc. As the demand for these professionals is growing rapidly, one can also expect improvements in the salaries.