EMT Salary in New Jersey
Are you keen to know the average amount of salary that an EMT gets in New Jersey? Well, then this is the right place to check. In this article, you will get to know about the income of EMTs in some of the highest populated cities of New Jersey. The figures have been picked up from the most reliable sites, like the Bureau of Labor Statistics, indeed.com, and salary.com.
EMT salary is calculated on an annual, monthly and hourly basis. The factors, which determine the remuneration of Emergency Medical Technicians, are the geographic location, population, work setting, level of the certification, etc.
How Much Does an EMT Make Every Year?
As per the estimations of the BLS survey report in May 2017, the average hourly and annual salaries of an EMT in the state of New Jersey are $18.13 and $37,710, respectively.
As per the data provided by indeed.com May 2018 report, the average salary paid to an Emergency Medical Technician in New Jersey is around $31,000.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, EMT salary in New Jersey at different percentile scales is as follows:
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
10th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
90th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
EMT salaries can vary from city-to-city depending on various factors, which have been mentioned above. Fortunately, the pay scale of these professionals in all the cities of this state is above the national average according to the survey of April 2018. The table shown below provides EMT salaries in almost all cities of New Jersey.
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
West New York
The above table shows that the annual median salary of EMTs ranges between a maximum of $37,175 to a minimum of $41,971. The monthly median salary swings from $3,098 and $3,498, while the hourly median salary ranges between $17 and $18. The top paying cities of New Jersey are Hoboken, Jersey City, West New York, and Union City. The lowest paying city is Vineland.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
Emergency Medical Technicians can also take up other jobs, which are nearly similar to the job of an EMT. Take a look at the incomes earned by the professionals holding the similar job titles as that of an EMT:
- Security EMT Officer: $29,000
- Technician Bus Gov: $55,000
- Emergency Room Nursing: $69,000
- Temperature Control Technician: $70,000
- Central Processing Technician: $29,000
- Mobile Equipment Operator: $38,000
- Csp Technician: $44,000
- Fire Captain: $58,000
- Hospital Admissions Technician: $40,000
- HVAC Technician: $57,000
- Animal Health Technician: $31,000
- Health Support Technician: $24,000
- HVAC R Service Technician: $46,000
- ER Technician: $38,000
In New Jersey, there are other advantages also, which an EMT gets beside receiving a salary. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- A total of 21 days vacation leaves in a year
- 3-week sick leaves in a year
- Health, vision and dental insurance of the EMTs and their family members.
- Life Insurance coverage to the actively working Emergency Medical Technicians.
- They also get the benefits of Employee Stock Option and other such Deferred Compensation Programs.
- Some employers also pay for the program and continuing education of the EMTs, working under them.
The job prospects for EMTs in New Jersey are expected to rise by 15% in the near future. EMTs in New Jersey can work in public/private hospitals, clinics, ambulance services, as well as in rescue operations. Due to their high demand, these professionals can also expect a handsome salary.