EMT Salary in Indiana
For every student, it is very essential to know how much he/she will earn after completing any course work. The same is essential before stepping into the field of emergency medical services. The number of hours services is being provided, education, experience, and geographical location are some of the factors that are considered prior to dispensing the salary to the Emergency Medical Technicians. To get detailed information on EMT salary in Indiana, continue to read the article.
How Much an EMT Makes in a Year?
As an EMT, you can earn on the hourly, as well as annual basis. According to a survey conducted by the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics), the average annual and hourly income of these professionals is $30,060 and $14.45, respectively.
The average salary of EMTs in Indiana, according to indeed.com, is $34,000.
The salaries at different percentile scales, calculated by bls.gov, is as follows:
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
|10th Percentile Wage|
|25th Percentile Wage|
|50th Percentile Wage|
|75th Percentile Wage|
|90th Percentile Wage|
Salary on the Basis of Geographical Locations
EMTs receive salary according to the regions or locations where they are providing emergency services. In Indiana, the EMT salary at different locations is given below:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
The above table concludes that lowest paying city in Indiana is Lafayette and the highest paying cities are Carmel, Fishers, Greenwood, and Indianapolis. The average annual salary ranges between 27,983 and $30,651. The average hourly salary lies between $13 and $15. And, the average monthly salary differs from $2,332 to $2,554.
Salary of Similar Job Titles
Emergency Medical Technicians can acquire other job titles by acquiring experience and developing their skills through continuing education. The salary of different professionals with related job titles is listed below:
- EMT Fire-Fighter: $43,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $42,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $66,000
- EMT Paramedic: $41,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $36,000
- EMT Security Officer: $28,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $32,000
- EMT Basic: $19,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $32,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $54,000
In the state of Indiana, the EMT prospects can also anticipate the following perks apart from the salary:
- Dental, health, and vision insurance of EMTs and their family.
- Total 21 days sick leaves in a year.
- Vacation of 21 days in a year.
- Life Insurance Coverage of EMTs.
- Reimbursement of program and continuing education fee.
- The EMTs can take benefits of deferred compensation program, such as employee stock option.
- Excellent overtime and opportunities for promotion.
With the increase in natural calamities, road accidents, etc., the demand for EMTs is also increasing considerably. According to the estimations of the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, by the year 2020, the growth of EMTs will raise by 33%.