EMT Salary in Indiana
For every student, it is very essential to know how much he/she will earn after completing any course work. The same is essential before stepping into the field of emergency medical services. The number of hours services are being provided, education, experience, and geographical location are some of the factors that are considered prior to dispensing the salary to the Emergency Medical Technicians. To get detailed information on EMT salary in Indiana, continue to read the article.
How Much Salary Does an EMT Earn Annually
As an EMT, you can earn on the hourly, as well as annual basis. According to the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics), survey report May, 2017, the average Annual Mean and Hourly Mean income of these professionals is $33,540 and $16.12, respectively.
The average salary of EMTs in Indiana, according to indeed.com May 2018 report is around $28,000.
The salaries at different percentile scales, calculated by bls.gov, is as follows:
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
|10th Percentile Wage|
|25th Percentile Wage|
|50th Percentile Wage|
|75th Percentile Wage|
|90th Percentile Wage|
Salary on the Basis of Geographical Locations
As per April 2018 survey, EMTs received salaries according to the regions or locations where they were providing emergency services. The EMT salary for different locations in Indiana is given below:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
The above table concludes that lowest paying city in Indiana is Vincennes and the highest paying cities are Carmel, Gary, Muncie, Hammond, Greenwood, and Indianapolis. The average annual salary ranges between 31,538 and $34,656. The average hourly salary lies between $16 and $18. And, the average monthly salary differs from $2,628 to $2,888.
Salary of Similar Job Titles
Emergency Medical Technicians can acquire other job titles by acquiring experience and developing their skills through continuing education. The salary of different professionals with related job titles is listed below:
- EMT Fire-Fighter: $43,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $42,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $66,000
- EMT Paramedic: $41,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $36,000
- EMT Security Officer: $28,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $32,000
- EMT Basic: $19,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $32,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $54,000
In the state of Indiana, the EMT prospects can also anticipate the following perks apart from the salary:
- Dental, health, and vision insurance of EMTs and their family.
- Total 21 days sick leaves in a year.
- Vacation of 21 days in a year.
- Life Insurance Coverage of EMTs.
- Reimbursement of the program and continuing education fee.
- The EMTs can take benefits of the deferred compensation program, such as employee stock option.
- Excellent overtime and opportunities for promotion.
With the increase in natural calamities, road accidents, etc., the demand for EMTs is also increased considerably. According to the estimations of the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, from the year 2016 – 2026, the growth of EMTs will rise by 15%.
You should know –