EMT Salary in North Dakota
Though, the job of an Emergency Medical Technician is a challenging one, but still if you want to make it as your career, you should first find out the average salary of an EMT in North Dakota. The average annual, monthly and hourly pay scale of a professional will be determined according to the location, type of industry, experience, population, etc. Similarly, the bigger the city, the more will be the average salary of a medical technician.
In the following article, you can compare the average salary of an EMT in several cities of North Dakota.
How Much Income an EMT Earns Every Year?
Per annum income of a professional differs as per various aspects. Various bureaus and departments are responsible for calculating the salary of an EMT in North Dakota. As per a survey done in May 2012 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average annual and hourly salary of an Emergency Medical Technician in this the state is $27,050 and $13.01, respectively.
According to the statistics provided by indeed.com, the average EMT salary is $31,000.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has also determined the incomes of these medical experts according to different percentile brackets. See the table given below in order to know it in detail:
Average Annual Salary
Average Hourly Salary
90th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
10th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
It is unfortunate that the salaries of EMTs in all the seven cities of North Dakota are below the national average. The table provided below will give you the detailed information about the median annual, monthly and hourly salary in different regions of the state:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
The above table displays that the annual median salary of an Emergency Medical Technician in North Dakota ranges from a minimum of $21,961 to a maximum of $29,302, while the monthly median salary ranges from $1,830 to $2,442. The hourly median EMT salary is between $11 and $14. The top paying cities are Fargo and West Fargo, while the lowest paying cities are Dickinson and Minot.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
Besides being employed as an Emergency Medical Technician, you have the option to assume other related job titles and enjoy an increased salary. The information about the related job titles and respective salaries is provided below:
- EMT Paramedic: $38,000
- EMT Security Officer: $26,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $30,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $29,000
- Fire-fighter EMT: $39,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $38,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist Ral: $60,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $33,000
- EMT Dispatcher: $17,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $50,000
- EMT B: $17,000
Emergency Medical Technicians of the state also get several other advantages besides getting a salary, such as:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for themselves and family members.
- Promotional opportunities and annual bonus are also provided to EMTs.
- 21 days of casual leave in a year
- 21 days of sick leave in a year
- EMTs, who are actively employed as an emergency medical technician in North Dakota, will also get Life Insurance.
- At present, if you are employed, your employer may bear the entire expenses for your program and continuing education.
- You can also enjoy the benefits of Employee Stock Option or other such Deferred Compensation programs.
The job prospects for an Emergency Medical Technician are likely to rise in the future. This growth can be attributed to continuously increasing population, accidents, natural disasters and other emergency incidents. These professionals get various opportunities to work in diverse work settings, such as hospitals, private clinics, rescue operations, ambulance services, etc.