EMT Salary in New York
Emergency Medical Technicians render services to the trauma patients. An EMT in New York is remunerated on the basis of the number of working hours, experience, level of education, etc. Also, the salary of these professionals is provided annually, monthly, as well as hourly.
In the article below, you will get to know the average income of these EMTs. You will also notice that the salary of each city of the state varies due to variation in the population, location, etc.
How Much Does an EMT Make Every Year?
In New York, the salary of an Emergency Medical Technician differentiates according to different factors. There are various departments and bureaus, which calculates the EMT salary, such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The BLS has provided the average per annum and per hour income on the basis of a survey, done in May 2017. The mean annual salary of EMT is $41,930, while the hourly earnings are around $20.16.
As stated by ‘indeed.com’ May 2018 report, the average salary of an EMT is around $34,000.
The average yearly and hourly remunerations of Emergency Medical Technicians in the state of New York in various percentiles as per BLS are given in the table provided below:
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
10th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
90th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
Unluckily, EMT salaries of 13 cities of New York are less than the national average according to the April 2018 survey. The below given table shows the median annual, monthly and hourly incomes of the medical technicians in 27 cities of the state:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
It is apparent from the table that the maximum and minimum annual median earnings range between $32,824 and $41,902, whereas the monthly median income lies somewhere between $2,735 and $3,492. The hourly median salary varies from $17to $19. The top paying cities of the state are Bronx, Brooklyn,Queens Village, and New York, and the lowest paying city is Jamestown.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
Emergency Medical Technicians can also take up other modes of employment in the field of emergency medical services. Have a look at the salary provided to the people holding the similar job titles:
- EMT Paramedic: 55,000
- EMT Dispatcher: $26,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $72,000
- Firefighter EMT: $57,000
- EMT Security Officer: $37,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $56,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $43,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist Ral: $88,000
- EMT B: $26,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $43,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $49,000
Besides receiving a salary, EMTs also get several other remunerations. The most basic ones are mentioned below:
- Emergency Medical Technicians and their families are entitled to receive benefits of health, vision, as well as dental insurance.
- They get 21 days of vacation leaves and 21 days of sick leaves in the whole year.
- EMTs are also entitled to Life Insurance, as well.
- Sometimes, the program and continuing education fees are paid by the employers of the EMTs.
- EMTs can also get benefits of the Deferred Compensation Program, like Employee Stock Option.
The job prospects for EMTs are expected to rise by a significant percentage in the near future. There are a number of job opportunities for these technicians in various work settings, such as private/public hospitals, medical clinics, ambulatory services, rescue teams, etc.
You should know –