EMT Salary in Missouri
EMT salary in Missouri may vary from city to city. The main factors on which the average salary of an ambulance technician depends are- the geographical location, type of an emergency, as well as nature of the work. The most populated cities offer more salary as compared to the less populated cities of Missouri.
In the article below, you will get to know the average salary of an Emergency Medical Technician in different cities of Missouri. The salaries are disbursed to these professionals on an hourly, monthly or annual basis.
How Much Income an EMT Makes Every Year?
EMT salary in Missouri is almost similar like in other states. The salary of an Emergency Medical Technician is calculated and determined by various departments and bureaus. Bureau of Labor Statistics is a government agency, which calculates EMT salaries by conducting surveys in different cities of the state. According to the survey conducted in May 2012 by the BLS, the salary of these professionals is as follows:
- Average Annual Salary: $33,390
- Average Hourly Salary: $16.05
According to another website, ‘indeed.com’, the average salary of an EMT in Missouri is $34,000.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics also provides EMT salaries in Missouri according to various percentiles. The table below shows salaries of these professionals at various percentile brackets:
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
|10th Percentile Wage|
|25th Percentile Wage|
|50th Percentile Wage|
|75th Percentile Wage|
|90th Percentile Wage|
Salary as per Geographical Location
An EMT salary in Missouri varies in various cities according to the population, as well as the general competitiveness of the place. In this state, the salary of Emergency Medical Technicians in all the cities is below the national average. Refer to the table given below in order to know more.
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
In the above given table, you can observe that the annual median salary of an Emergency Medical Technician in Missouri ranges between a minimum of $28,037 to a maximum of $30,713, and the median monthly salary varies between $2,097 and $2,559. While, the median hourly salary ranges from $12 to $15. The top paying cities of Missouri are Chesterfield, Florissant, Saint Charles and Saint Louis, whereas Saint Joseph is the lowest paying city.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
After pursuing EMT program, it is not necessary that you will have to work only as an EMT throughout your career. You can also take up other jobs, which are similar to the job of an Emergency Medical Technician. Here is the salary of professionals with similar job titles.
- EMT P: $45,000
- EMT Security Officer: $27,000
- Fire-fighter EMT B: $37,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $55,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $42,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $38,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist Ral: $67,000
- Circulating RN Surgical: $85,000
- Commercial Electrician Helper: $25,000
Besides salary, EMTs also get certain other benefits and allowances, which are as follows:
- EMTs and their families are entitled to health, vision, as well as dental insurance.
- 21 vacation/casual leaves (per year)
- 21 sick leaves (per year)
- EMTs, who are actively engaged in handling medical emergencies, are also entitled to Life Insurance.
- Sometimes, the program as well as the continuing education cost of the EMT is paid by his/her employer.
- EMTs also get the benefits of Deferred Compensation Program, such as Employee Stock Option.
By the year 2020, the EMT jobs are expected to rise by 33%. Some of the settings where EMTs can work are hospitals, ambulances, clinics, rescue squads, etc.