EMT Salary in Tennessee
After Missouri, West Virginia and Kentucky, Tennessee is the 4th state with the highest concentration of paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians. There is not a single aspect that influences the salary of an EMT, but there are a number of factors that collectively have an influence on the income of these professionals. Basic EMT salary in Tennessee greatly hinges on the region, work experience, workplace (private or public organization), and program and education. To give you more information and compare the hourly, annual and monthly earnings of EMTs, we have collected statistical data from various sites, like the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), usawage.com, salary.com, etc.
How much income an does EMT make per annum?
According to the results of the May 2017 survey of the BLS, the Emergency Medical Technicians in Tennessee earn an average income of $35,590 per annum, while their average hourly earnings amount to $17.11. As per indeed.com May 2018 report, the average annual salary of EMTs is around $27,200.
The table provided below will give you a detailed account of the EMT salary on various percentile scales. The data has been collected by the BLS.
Average Monthly Salary
Average Annual Salary
10th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
90th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
The salary structure of the EMTs in different locations of the same state varies significantly. In Tennessee too, the pay scale of Emergency Medical Technicians fluctuates to some extent in different cities according to the Survey of April 2018. However, the earnings of these professionals in few cities are below the national average. The table below will give a detailed account of the median annual, monthly and hourly salaries of the EMTs.
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
The above table reveals the fact that the highest paying cities of Tennessee are Germantown, Jackson, and Memphis with a median annual salary of above $33,000, while the lowest paying cities are Johnson City and Kingsport with an average per annum salary of around $30,800. The median hourly income ranges from $16 to $17. The median monthly salary lies between $2,573 and $2,808.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
Emergency Medical Technicians also have the option of pursuing other jobs, which are similar to this profession. The salaries of some of these job titles are given below:
- EMT Security Officer: $27,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $63,000
- EMT Paramedic: $40,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $40,000
- Fire-fighter EMT: $41,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $35,000
- Circulating RN Surgical: $80,000
- Commercial Electrician Helper: $24,000
- Emergency Department Technician: $31,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $31,000
Apart from receiving a salary for providing emergency medical services, EMTs also obtain several other benefits, like:
- Retirement plans
- Promotional opportunities
- Health, vision and dental insurance are entitled to both the EMTs as well as their families.
- Specified number of sick leaves and casual leaves every year.
- Those Emergency Medical Technicians, who are keenly involved with a medical facility, are also entitled to Life Insurance.
- They also receive other allowances of Deferred Compensation Program, like Employee Stock Option.
- Often, the fees of program and continuing education (CE) are paid by their employers.
Job prospects for EMTs in ambulance services, hospitals, rescue centers, fire departments, clinics, etc. are expected to enhance by a considerable percentage in the near future. As per the anticipations of the BLS, 23 percent hike will be seen in the EMT positions in the United States between 2012 and 2022.