EMT Salary in Oregon
Great responsibilities and a will to serve people at any point of time is what determine the profession of an Emergency Medical Technician. Now-a-days, EMT has become a good career option due to the high salary; it offers. But, before making it your profession in Oregon, you must go through the salary statistics of the state. This article provides you information about how much an Emergency Medical Technician earns in the state. EMT salary in each city of the state will differ according to its population, geographic location, type of the industry, as well as the number of working hours, education, etc.
How Much Money an EMT Makes Every Year?
Like other states, the salaries of EMTs in Oregon are computed by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Below provided is the mean annual and hourly salary of an Emergency Medical Technician in this state. The data has been collected by the BLS through a survey, done in May 2012.
- Average Annual Income: $38,450
- Average Hourly Income: $18.49
‘Indeed.com’ has estimated the annual income of these professionals to be around $35,000.
EMT salary is also calculated according to different percentile brackets. Here, it is represented in tabular form.
Average Annual Salary
Average Hourly Salary
90th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
10th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
The salaries of ambulance technicians in the state of Oregon differ from city-to-city. Out of 14 cities, EMTs in 6 cities earn below the national average. Here is the table providing information about the median annual, monthly and hourly salary of an Emergency Medical Technician:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
The median annual income fluctuates from $26,070 to $32,062. On the other hand, monthly median remuneration lies somewhere between $2,173 and $2,672. The hourly median EMT salary ranges between $13 and $15. The top paying cities of the state are Beaverton, Clackamas, Gresham, Hillsboro, Lake Oswego, Oregon City and Portland, while the lowest paying city is Bend.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
EMTs can also get employed in other jobs as well, which are similar to the profession of an emergency medical technician. The salaries given to some of the similar job titles are:
- EMT Paramedic: $40,000
- Circulating RN Surgical: $81,000
- EMT Security Officer: $27,000
- Fire-fighter EMT: $42,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $31,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $64,000
- Commercial Electrician Helper: $24,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $53,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $36,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $41,000
There are certain advantages, which EMTs receive besides getting a salary for their services, like:
- 21 days of sick leave in the whole year.
- 21 days of casual leaves in the year.
- EMTs, along with their families, are benefitted with the facility of health, vision and dental insurance.
- Those, who are presently engaged in offering emergency medical services, are also entitled to Life Insurance.
- They also get the benefits of Deferred Compensation Program, like Employee Stock Option.
- Their program and continuing education charges are paid by the employers.
- They get an annual bonus and lucrative promotional opportunities.
As per the BLS, the job prospects for medical technicians are expected to increase by 33% in the future. EMTs can get employed in private or public hospitals, ambulance services, rescue squads, etc.