EMT Salary in Oklahoma
EMT salary in Oklahoma may differentiate as per the difference in working hours, experience, and level of program & certification of an individual. Every medical technician in the state is remunerated hourly, monthly and annually. Apart from this, the location also plays an important role in determining the overall salary. Emergency Medical Technician working in a big city will be paid more than the one, who is rendering services in a small location. This difference surfaces due to variations in the job responsibilities in different cities of the state.
In order to know the city-wise EMT basic salary in Oklahoma, read the article provided below.
How Much Income does an EMT Make Every Year?
The average pay scale of an EMT is determined by several bureaus and departments. One of them is the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics). As per the survey conducted by the BLS in the year May 2017, the average annual salary of an Emergency Medical Technician in this state is $29,940, while the hourly salary is $14.39.
As per the figures collected by ‘indeed.com’ May 2018 report, EMTs make around $26,500 per year.
The annual remuneration of an ambulance technician at various percentile brackets is provided below:
Average Annual Salary
Average Hourly Salary
90th Percentile Bracket
75th Percentile Bracket
50th Percentile Bracket
25th Percentile Bracket
10th Percentile Bracket
Salary as per Geographical Location
The prospective EMTs will get a little disheartened to know that the salary of medical technicians in all the cities of Oklahoma is less than the national average. The median annual, monthly as well as hourly incomes of these professionals as per the Survey of April 2018 are given in the below table:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
The annual median salary of an Emergency Medical Technician ranges from a maximum of $33,218 to a minimum of $29,416. The hourly median EMT salary varies from $15 to $16. The monthly median salary is between $2,451 and $2,768. Broken Arrow and Tulsa are the top paying cities of the state, while the lowest paying city is Altus.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
In addition to working as a medical technician, EMTs can also take up other jobs. The salaries offered by some other professions similar to this one are:
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $62,000
- EMT Paramedic: $39,000
- Emergency Department Technician: $31,000
- Firefighter EMT: $40,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $30,000
- EMT Security Officer: $26,000
- EMT Dispatcher: $18,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $39,000
- EMT B: $18,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $31,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $34,000
Besides getting a salary, there are certain other privileges that an EMT receives, such as:
- Health, vision and dental insurance are provided to the EMTs, as well as their families.
- 21 days of vacation leave per year
- 21 days of sick leave per annum
- Life Insurance is also provided to those, who are active as Emergency Medical Technicians.
- The program fees, as well as the continuing education charges, are often paid by the employers.
- EMTs are entitled to other benefits of the Deferred Compensation Program, like Employee Stock Option.
It is estimated that, in the near future, the job prospects of an Emergency Medical Technician will increase by a reasonable percentage. These professionals can work in ambulances, private/public hospitals, rescue teams, etc.