EMT Salary in South Dakota
The job of an EMT is very challenging. They perform lifesaving activities, administer intravenous fluids, and manage airway functions during the emergency situations. Now, you will be thinking about how much these professionals get in return for their services. Well, EMTs receive lucrative compensation. Moreover, they get opportunities to increase their income by working overtime. This article will give you an insight into the yearly, monthly and hourly EMT salary in South Dakota.
How Much Money Do EMTs make every year?
The per year compensation of the Emergency Medical Technicians totally depends on seniority, prior work experience, level of education, type of institution/organization (private or public) and other factors. However, the average annual salary of EMTs in South Dakota in May 2017 as per the BLS was $30,080, while the average hourly wages were $14.46. On the other hand, as per ‘indeed.com’ May 2018 report, the average income of these professionals is around $32,537 per annum.
The table below shows the EMT salary in different percentile brackets. It was provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Let’s take a look!
Average Hourly Salary
Average Annual Salary
10th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
90th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
One of the major aspects that impinge on the compensation of the Emergency Medical Technicians is the geographical location. It’s quite interesting to know that the salary figures fluctuate considerably within the cities of the same state. In South Dakota, the income of EMTs is somewhat lesser than the national average according to the Survey of April 2018. The below-given table gives an idea about the yearly, monthly and hourly EMT salary in the state.
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
After taking a look at the above table, it can be concluded that the annual median Emergency Medical Technician salary in South Dakota ranges between $28,921 and $30,987, while the monthly median earnings range from $2,410 to $2,582. The median hourly pay varies from $14 to $15. The top paying city of South Dakota is Sioux Falls, and the lowest paying city is Aberdeen.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
EMTs can also take up other jobs in the field of emergency medical services. The salary received by some of the professionals of the similar job titles is as follows:
- EMT Security Officer: $21,000
- Emergency Room Nursing: $48,000
- Outreach Medical Technician: $22,000
- Emergency Medical Technician Dispatcher: $15,000
- Csp Technician: $31,000
- Health Support Technician: $16,000
- Outreach Medical Technician: $22,000
- Animal Health Technician: $21,000
- Temperature Control Technician: $49,000
- Fire Captain: $41,000
- Mobile Equipment Operator: $26,000
- Central Processing Technician: $20,000
- Technician Bus Gov: $38,000
- Hospital Admissions Technician: $28,000
Besides the salary, employers also provide other benefits to their employees to keep them motivated. These benefits are-
- Health, vision and dental insurance to the Emergency Medical Technicians and their family members.
- Three-week sick leaves in a year.
- Vacation leaves of three weeks in a year.
- Life Insurance is provided to the EMTs, who are, at present, offering emergency medical services.
- The employer may bear the entire expenditure of the continuing education and program of the employees.
- They can also get the benefits of the Deferred Compensation Program, such as Employee Stock Option.
Due to the increasing number of accidents and elderly population, the demand for the EMTs continues to go up progressively. Seeing this trend, it can be inferred that the future employment and salary prospects for these professionals are excellent. There will be several job openings for the Emergency Medical Technicians in the hospitals, rescue centers, ambulance services, and public and private clinics. Moreover, 23% growth in the employment opportunities for EMTs in the United States from 2012 to 2022 has been projected by the BLS.