EMT Salary in Mississippi
How much does an EMT make per year? This question clicks in the mind of almost all the prospects, who choose the stream of emergency medical services. A candidate works hard and sincerely undergoes a step-by-step procedure to become an EMT, and so, expect good remuneration to maintain his/her standard of living. Various factors, like geographical location, the number of hours the service is provided, experience, etc., directly or indirectly affect the EMT salary in Mississippi.
How Much an EMT Earns in a Year?
The EMT salary is calculated by several bureaus and agencies. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual salary received by an Emergency Medical Technician is $29,390, and the average hourly salary is $14.13.
As per the figures drawn from indeed.com, the EMT salary in Mississippi is $37,000.
The salary of these professionals is also calculated on different percentile scales by the BLS, which is presented in the ascending order in the below given table:
Average Annual Salary
Average Hourly Salary
|10th Percentile Wage|
|25th Percentile Wage|
|50th Percentile Wage|
|75th Percentile Wage|
|90th Percentile Wage|
Salary on the Basis of Geographical Locations
EMTs in Mississippi get opportunities to practice their skills in various cities. They can render their services for the rescue centers, fire-fighting agencies, or any public or private health care unit. The range of salary differs in different cities. The table provided below shows the average hourly, monthly, and annual salary drawn by an EMT in different cities of Mississippi.
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
From the above table, it can be understood that the average annual salary ranges from $23,634 to $29,804. The average monthly income fluctuates from $1,969 to $2,484. Similarly, the average hourly salary lies between $12 and $14. According to the figures, the lowest paying city is Meridian, and the highest paying cities are Southaven and Olive Branch.
Salary of Related Job Titles
The Emergency Medical Technicians can take up several other related jobs, which will help them to explore more. The salary provided to these EMT related job titles is specified below:
- Correction Sergeant Master: $47,000
- EMT Security Officer: $29,000
- Commercial Electrician Helper: $27,000
- EMT Paramedic: $48,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $40,000
- Fire-fighter EMT: $46,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $72,000
- Emergency Department Technician: $33,000
- Circulating Surgical RN: $93,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $35,000
To retain their valuable employees, the employers offer not only monetary rewards, but also some additional non-monetary benefits. These benefits are:
- Dental, health, and vision insurance for the dependents of the EMTs, who are actively engaged in providing the services.
- Life Insurance benefits
- Twenty-five years Retirement Plan
- Paid vacations every year
- 21 days sick leaves per year
- The emergency medical technicians can also take full advantage of deferred compensation programs.
- The employers pay for the program as well as continuing education of their employees.
- Good overtime, bonus and promotional opportunities
There are numerous job vacancies for these professionals in various industries, like hospitals, fertility centers, public health care units, fire-fighting agencies, physician’s clinics, and rescue centers. It is anticipated by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics that the openings for EMTs will increase by 33% in the forthcoming years.