EMT Salary in Ohio
The job of an EMT includes providing medical services during emergencies. They are provided with salaries on the basis of their program, level of certification, location, experience, type of employer, etc. There are several websites, which furnish information about per annum, monthly and per hour income of these professionals, such as salary.com, indeed.com, usawage.com, etc. To know in depth about the earnings of EMTs in Ohio, go through this article.
How Much Money an EMT Makes Every Year?
As discussed above, EMT salary in Ohio is determined by several factors. There are a number of government agencies in the United States, like the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which compute the remuneration of professionals associated with various fields in all the states. Therefore, below mentioned is the mean annual and hourly salary of an Emergency Medical Technician (the salary figures are estimated by the BLS in May 2012):
- Average Hourly Salary: $14.30
- Average Annual Salary: $29,740
The average remuneration of an EMT according to indeed.com is $35,000.
The EMT salary on different percentile basis in the state of Ohio is shown in the descending order in the below given table.
Average Annual Salary
Average Hourly Salary
90th Percentile Wage
75th Percentile Wage
50th Percentile Wage
25th Percentile Wage
10th Percentile Wage
Salary as per Geographical Location
Out of 21 most populated cities, the EMT salary of only 3 cities is above the national average. You can see the table provided below in order to know the median annual, monthly and hourly salary of all the cities:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
After studying this table, you can easily conclude that the hourly median salary of an EMT varies somewhere between $14 and $15. On the other hand, the annual median salary fluctuates between $28,141 and $31,874, whereas the monthly median salary ranges from $2,345 to $2,656. The top paying cities are Cleveland, Euclid and Lakewood, and the lowest paying city is Portsmouth.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
In Ohio, Emergency Medical Technicians can also take up other professions, which are somewhat similar to the job of an ambulance technician. Some of the jobs and their respective salaries are given below:
- Emergency Department Technician: $32,000
- EMT Paramedic: $41,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $41,000
- EMT Security Officer: $27,000
- Fire-fighter EMT: $42,000
- Circulating RN Surgical: $83,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $37,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist Ral: $65,000
- Commercial Electrician Helper: $25,000
Apart from getting a salary, EMTs of the state also get other allowances/benefits for their services, such as:
- Sick leaves and paid vacation leaves.
- Health, vision and dental insurance are provided to the EMTs and their families.
- Also, they will get Life Insurance if they are active as an Emergency Medical Technician.
- At times, the employers make the payment for the fee of program and continuing education (CE) of their employees.
- They are also benefited with Deferred Compensation Program, like Employee Stock Option.
The job opportunities for Emergency Medical Technicians in Ohio are expected to increase in the future with numerous opportunities in public or private hospitals, ambulance facilities, rescue squads, etc.