EMT Salary in Utah
Taking statistics from various sites, such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics, salary.com, etc., here is a detailed account of EMT salary in Utah. The remuneration of an Emergency Medical Technician is computed on the basis of their annual, monthly and hourly services. However, the EMT salary of each individual city in the state is determined on the basis of its geographic location, population, industry-type, level of certification, etc. The salary of these professionals also depends on the field of practice, as well as the level of program they have pursued.
In this article, you will find the average EMT salaries according to different factors. You will also be informed about other jobs which can be taken as a profession after completing the EMT program.
How Much an EMT Earns Per Annum?
The annual salaries of Emergency Medical Technicians are calculated by a number of bureaus and agencies through various surveys. One such department is the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which has provided the information on the average annual and hourly salary of these professionals according to the data collected through a survey done in May 2017:
- Average Annual Earnings: $35,100
- Average Hourly Earnings: $16.88
According to ‘indeed.com’ May 2018 report, the annual average salary of EMT is around $28,500.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has also calculated the EMT salary as per different percentile brackets. The table given below shows the salaries as per various percentile brackets in an ascending order:
Average Annual Salary
Average Hourly Salary
|10th Percentile Wage|
|25th Percentile Wage|
|50th Percentile Wage|
|75th Percentile Wage|
|90th Percentile Wage|
Salary as per Geographical Location
Unfortunately, the remunerations of these professionals in almost all the 11 cities, of Utah are below the national average. See the table below in order to know the median annual, monthly and hourly EMT salaries:
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
Salt Lake City
According to the Survey of April 2018, the median annual salary of an Emergency Medical Technician in Utah ranges between a maximum of $35,907 to a minimum of $31,890, while the monthly median salary lies somewhere between $2,648 and $2,992. The hourly median income varies from $15 and $17. The top-paying cities of the state are Saint George, Salt Lake City, Sandy, South Jordan and West Jordan, while the lowest paying city is Provo.
Salary of the Similar Job Titles
Emergency Medical Technicians can also pursue other jobs related to the emergency medical services. The salaries received by some of the professionals with similar job titles are given below:
- EMT B: $16,000
- ED Technician Emergency Department: $44,000
- EMT Dispatcher: $16,000
- Cardiovascular Specialist: $54,000
- Security EMT Officer: $22,000
- Firefighter EMT: $35,000
- Corrections Sergeant Master: $34,000
- Critical Care Paramedic: $26,000
- Commercial Electrician Mechanic: $26,000
- Commercial Electrician Journeyman: $30,000
- EMT Paramedic: $33,000
There are certainly other advantages besides a basic salary, which an EMT of the state will receive like:
- EMTs along with their families will be entitled to health, dental as well as vision insurance.
- They will get 21 days of vacation leaves per year.
- They will also receive 21 days of sick leaves every year.
- Those, who are actively employed by any hospital, rescue squad, or any other healthcare facility will also receive Life Insurance.
- The program fees, as well as the continuing education charges, are sometimes paid by the employers.
- They may also receive the advantages of Employee Stock Option or other such Deferred Compensation Programs.
It is estimated that the job opportunities for ambulance technicians in Utah will increase in the future. 33 percent growth in the job openings for EMTs has been anticipated by the BLS by the year 2020. The various places where these professionals can find work are ambulance services, private/public hospitals, rescue teams, etc.